Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday

Good morning friends. Well our tea party was a success, we all had plenty to eat and drink. I think Maizyn enjoyed it as well. She had her list of things that needed to be done and even had the seating arrangement all figured out, LOL!! It was quite a warm day out yesterday and in the afternoon we got some rain. Today is supposed to be another warm day. We thought we might take Maizyn to the wave pool but I think it will just be packed with kids on their march break too. We will try an alternate plan. Maybe we go swimming at a public pool closer to home and maybe a movie afterwards. Not sure yet what we will do today but we will do something.

Other than that there really isn't too much happening. Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday

Good morning everyone!

So happy for your Monique for this special time with Maizyn. Lots of treasured memories!

Well I went to bed at 9pm. Woke up shortly thereafter to a storm. My the wind was up and absolutely pouring buckets of rain. Looked at the temp, 60’s. Wow, it had gotten to 50 during the day. Went back to bed, storm needed. Woke to 40’s. Gonna be an interesting day.

Carol’s surgery was to be this am. I’m praying for her.

Having lap top problems. Sometimes I hate computers! Have a safe and good day and an even better weekend!

Attachment 158152
    Last edited by Star lover; March 15th, 2019 at 08:15 AM.

4. Thanks PamelaOry, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

The wind is blowing, the sky to the west is black with the threat of storms to come, but the robins are dancing in the road and the ice is melting. I think spring is here. If I can remember, I need to walk to the back end of the yard and check the pussy willow trees to see if they're awake yet.
    It's been a busy week sewing-wise. The fabric for the backing, borders and binding for the log cabin quilt finally arrived, and yesterday I got everything pressed and cut. I also embroidered a bible verse on one of the strips and embroidered the label for the back. This was a learning experience for me, and it turn out great. Today I'll get the borders on and call it finished.
    Somewhere in there I'll throw pork chops and mushrooms and whatever else I can find into the instant pot and call it dinner.
    We found out yesterday that our daughter won't be able to go back to college...it would be for a second degree and the financial aid just isn't available unless you're a first degree student. It was a dream that carried her through a difficult year. She's heartbroken and we just don't know what to do. Sometimes being a parent .......
    Time to get going ... hope you all have a wonderful day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone...Another Friday to celebrate with a new tutorial from Jenny. This one is really pretty. I don't trust my "wonky" but maybe with a little practice I can do it.

We had very high winds yesterday that blew sugar off her feet. I ended up having to carry her out and hold her down. It sure was a day to put rocks in your pockets. My Grandma Nan put rocks in my pockets when I was little because I was so scrawny she was afraid I would blow away.

Dottie goes to the groomer today. Someone new will groom her, as her usual groomer had a baby Monday. You never know, she might be back to work already. The young women around here don't slow down for anything and many of them work way too hard
    physically. I saw a very pregnant woman loading firewood into a pickup bed last week. Around here we burn oak and that stuff is super heavy.

I need to get moving and eat something before I start this busy day.

Let's remember Carol, as today is her lumpectomy. I pray God will guide the surgeon's hands and that she will have a speedy recovery and return to good health. We love you, Carol.

Hugs...Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Today is our monthly senior fellowship at church with a speaker & good food. It's always nice to eat food someone else has prepared, as well as something different from the usual meals at home. I need to run my taxes paper work to the CPA & pay her. Then a stop at the bank & the LQS. She has some clearance bolts lowered to 50% off. I just might need some retail therapy -- it's always nice to look even if I don't buy anything.

Yest. I did more piecing on that HST mini quilt. For the first time, as I chain piece, I'm leaving the thread between the blocks attached to keep them all in a row. I'm a stickler for pressing seams first. I have 2 rows sewn together. A little bit each day & it will get done.

I placed an order from Thrift Books (used books) last night. I had some other Marta Perry & Charlotte Hubbard books I wanted. I like to have all the books in a series on hand before I begin a new series. It's been a long time since I've visited our local library. Either they don't have the books I want, or if I special order them in, they won't be in the right order. This way I have my own books & can re-read them at my leisure.

I think all the major fwys. now are open after the blizzard. The news showed some vehicles buried to the roof tops in drifted snow. There were at least 300 rescues. Many folks spent the night in a shelter. It was day of digging out.

DH is waiting for breakfast. Have a good day.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Today is our monthly senior fellowship at church with a speaker & good food. It's always nice to eat food someone else has prepared, as well as something different from the usual meals at home. I need to run my taxes paper work to the CPA & pay her. Then a stop at the bank & the LQS. She has some clearance bolts lowered to 50% off. I just might need some retail therapy -- it's always nice to look even if I don't buy anything.

Yest. I did more piecing on that HST mini quilt. For the first time, as I chain piece, I'm leaving the thread between the blocks attached to keep them all in a row. I'm a stickler for pressing seams first. I have 2 rows sewn together. A little bit each day & it will get done.

I placed an order from Thrift Books (used books) last night. I had some other Marta Perry & Charlotte Hubbard books I wanted. I like to have all the books in a series on hand before I begin a new series. It's been a long time since I've visited our local library. Either they don't have the books I want, or if I special order them in, they won't be in the right order. This way I have my own books & can re-read them at my leisure.

I think all the major fwys. now are open after the blizzard. The news showed some vehicles buried to the roof tops in drifted snow. There were at least 300 rescues. Many folks spent the night in a shelter. It was day of digging out.

DH is waiting for breakfast. Have a good day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Guess what! I do have a dining room table! It's almost completely cleaned off! (I see a few stray strings, but I'm thrilled to have it cleaned off again. Now to stick all of the chairs in my bedroom so I can sweep and mop under there! Little by little, I'll get it done.

I have everything ready to go to Palm Tree Long Arm and Cinnamon's Quilt Shop. It's fat quarter Friday. That may be good or not, lol. I know I'll be looking for more solid fabric to go with this Indigo line. I think I'll do the tutorial today for Bob and Mary (MIL's friends). I'll have to pick up my contrast for Gracie's quilt (which means I'd better look it up and find out what I need!)

Monique, it sounds like you've had a great week making memories.

Be careful out in that nasty weather. I have pictures of when Howard went to his middle brother's wedding. The highway was like driving in a tunnel. I know he went up on the roof several times, knocking off the snow while he was there. Have I mentioned that I'm so glad Alaska is off the table!

Joy, it's nice to get out and do things with friends.

I'd best get back to work because no matter how much I twitch my nose, nothing cleans itself around here. Have a great day everyone.

Prayers for those in need, lifting Carol in special prayers this morning. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

It's above zero again, so snowbanks are starting to melt, which means lots of water on the streets. This makes for treacherous driving, as you can't see the potholes as they are filled with water. Tire places are busy these days. We didn't get the rain they predicted.

I did a Costco run for Mel & us. Dropped off the food at their place and home, then headed for a massage. It was wonderful. Somehow, I don't get much accomplished after that. My DD gave me 3 bags of stuff to donate. Some of the items were things I left when I got divorced. Some were her aunt's needlepoints that I made pillows with. I hate to give them, but if no one wants them, hoping someone else will enjoy. She also had a lot of patterns and fabric to clear. She lost her sewing room when #3 came along. I offered them to DIL & her friends who are learning to sew. What they don't take, I will offer to a guild member who helps newcomers learn to sew.

Today I'll be cooking and helping Mélanie get the food ready for Cédric's birthday party. She said she was keeping it low key. Really? I don't consider 30 people low key. I guess that's what happens when all the family lives in town. Better get cracking.

Monique - how nice that you get to spend time with Maizin. I remember my breaks spent with my grandma.
    Carol - I will be saying a prayer that your surgery goes well.
    Joy - that is a fierce storm that has hit CO. It's certanly impacting weather around the country. Be safe on the roads.
    Barb - wowser winds for sure. I cant imagine women going back to work so soon after giving birth. When my kids were born in the early 80s, we had 4mos paid leave, but could take more without pay. I took extra 2 mos for my son, but 1 1/2yrs when my DD was born. Luckily I worked for govt, and your job was guaranteed. Now my DD & DIL get 1 yr paid leave and their employer top up their salaries to 93%. Best of all, you can split this time with the father. So dads can spend formative year with their kids. Also, the parent with higher income usually choose to go back to work, and often this is the mom.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay warm, stay dry and be prepared for weather conditions.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, PamelaOry, Star lover thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We dug out yesterday and the airport reopened at 4 . Some places had 7 ft drifts and there is no school here again. We fly out of SD late this afternoon. Looking forward to getting back home. I want to get back to my routine. I think our DD is getting tired of taking care of our dogs.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone,

All I've heard this morning is the sound of snowplows and snowblowers. The blizzard settled down late last night, leaving us with 6-8 inches of heavy snow and some huge drifts. There's no school again because of the condition of the roads. Many of our students are rural. But it is sunny and in the 20's, so that's a good sign. For the next week we're supposed to be in the 30's for the daytime. For NW Minnesota, that's pretty good.

I worked on a SS project yesterday, but I'm not at all happy with my FMQ. I think I'll pick it out and start over. I used my domestic machine, but didn't have a Supreme slider...don't know where that thing went...so the quilting looks too jerky and uneven. I'm going to do it over using my Janome Artistic sit down....I was just too lazy to move to the other room and set up the machine :-(

I've been thinking about the Little Dresses for Africa charity lately. A while ago I downloaded the pattern for the dresses with sleeves, and I picked up some fabric and other supplies. I think I'll try a dress today.

Wishing Carol great results from her surgery today, and everyone a blessed day.

Jeanne