Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hopeful signs of Spring

Yesterday we saw the first robin in our back yard. Saw and heard a flock of geese fly over last evening. Can hear the melting snow dripping off the roof. It's already 50 degrees. This won't last for long but it sure is wonderful and a definite mood-booster. All the windows are open a tiny bit and plan to take a walk after lunch. Most dramatic though is the show of a little patch of grass over the top of the cess pool storage tank!

Lisa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hopeful signs of Spring

The robins have been showing up in Colorado, too. Spring can't be too far away.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No robins here in Wisconsin, but I've had some red headed woodpeckers and a flicker show up at the feeders this winter. The wind picked up, temps in the mid forties and Yay, I can see grass under a huge puddle of water in the yard. My dog doesn't like to get her feet wet and the only way she would get off the stoop by the door was if I went out with her. So I was outside several times today with her. What a mess. Clumps of mud hanging on her feet and between her nails. She need a bath, but she will only get filthy again, so I'm going to wait until real spring. Just give her a sponge bath daily, I guess. She is a mid sized dog and it is a real trial for me to bathe her.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My bluebirds are setting up for housekeeping in their little house again. The bradford pear trees are almost blooming too.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Daffodils and some forsythia are blooming in southern KY. The Bradford pear trees are budding too.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Robins are at my house in south central Wisconsin.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve seen Robins all winter long.....even in the middle of a snowstorm! There were about 30 of them, huddled under some bushes.
    Some Robins remain in northern areas all winter long. They change their diet and will eat berries.
    Anita