Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday Hellos! Expecting Snow

Good Morning ~ Someone else probably is posting at the same time as I am. We are under a Winter Storm Warning with blizzard conditions expected, esp. on the eastern Plains. The meteorologists are using the term "bomb cyclone", an event that would be unusual in our area. Potential for heavy wet snow with winds up to 80 mph in some places. All the area schools already yest. were canceling school for today in anticipation of the ominous forecast. Whenever the local schools cancel, our Bible Study Fellowship chapter does not meet, so I'll be staying in today. DH already is worrying about a possible power outage, which could happen if tree limbs get blown down. One March we had a very heavy snowfall. In town we had an 8 hr. outage, but some of the folks N. of town were w/o power for up to a week. I'm hoping the storm will not be as bad as they're predicting, but most people are taking the forecast seriously.

Yest. I got the bed changed & the pillows aired outside in the sun. The temp. got up to 66 deg. So nice. But so typical of this area to have a real nice day just prior to a storm.

I sewed for <1 hr., but I put a border on the Antique Lace block & cut the backing. It's ready to sandwiching. Maybe I'll spend some time in the sewing room today since I won't be going out.

No more time now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday Hellos! Expecting Snow

Thanks Joy and yes we were both posting at the same time and that's okay. I hope your storm isn't as bad as they are predicting. It will definitely be a good day to spend sewing.

Have an awesome day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

3. Thanks PamelaOry, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joy, we went through the bomb cyclone thing last month......not for the faint of heart.
    Happy you’re feeling good enough to sew!
    Hope you have a great day!

5. Thanks PamelaOry, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Joy, we're also under a blizzard warning here in NW Minnesota. They're calling it "historic". Hmmm.

Yesterday I worked at JoAnns for the day, then stopped at WalMart for some groceries after work. I worked mostly at the cutting counter, so I'm a little stiff today. We were pretty busy; I think people were getting their supplies for sewing during the storm! That's what I'm planning for the next couple of days....wearing comfy flannel pants, and hanging out in the sewing room. Not that I want a blizzard, but there's something so cozy about being in my little sewing room while the wind howls. I don't think hubby would agree since he has to go out to work :-(

I hope you weather your storm safely, Joy. Wishing all a blessed day.
    Jeanne

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    I see we have two threads going. We are bracing for the tail end of the storm which we are expecting Thursday into Saturday. It's March break, so kids are off this week. I have a massage Thursday, and I will go even if I have to find mush dogs and sled. Haha

Yesterday, I spent some time in my sewing room. I bought a mint magnetic board last week, and the tape it came with did not hold, fell and ripped the paper off the gyprock. I used industrial Velcro all around. That sucker is not coming down. Now I can write quick measurements and tack notes with those pretty little quilt magnetic dots. They were an epic fail for bracelets and key chains. They would come off and attach to other things. I hung up more items I use regularly. I discovered some rulers I didn't think I had in my ruler box. So up they went. If I see them, I will use them. I need an organized space with little clutter when I sew or I can't focus and I make mistakes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	158119

I finished the 2nd pillowcase for my GS Cedric, who is 2 today. DH embroidered his name and I put them together. I also sewed about 7 tea towels, more to make, maybe today. What do you think of the colour. It's not my usual white or cream.

Views:	27 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	158120 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	158121

It was guild meeting last night, and I didn't feel like going. DH said go, you'll win something. Then I won 13 FQs of the spring theme. It was nice to see the ladies who attended the retreat. They encourage you to make a quilt with the winning FQs for the June meeting. There is also a draw to win something.

Views:	33 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	158122

Enjoy your day and be prudent with this upcoming storm.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; March 13th, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks PamelaOry, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Joy,

Take care of yourself and your dear DH. I hope the weather isn't as bad as they're calling for and you'll be able to keep your power on!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just read about the storm JCY. Sounds bad. Keep warm, have your flashlights ready and stay safe. I'll be thinking about you.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your winnings Suzanne!
    Pam

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne, I really like the brown towels. You chose great accent fabrics. And really cute pillow cases for little Cedric.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post