Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: You Know I Had To Buy It!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    @JulieC - Thank you for that update. The announcement sounds like it comes from M*, which makes sense: M* owns the Man Sewing name & logo.

I found an introductory video by Rob under "Making It Fun," and he says, "You may remember me from Man Sewing." That implies that the split was friendly; when it's not, you're usually barred from ever using the old name.

I'm hoping this is as simple as Rob got tired of the constant travel to Missouri. His kids are entering their teen years. Dad just may need to be home more.
    He was supposed to come to our guild to teach/lecture but cancelled as he decided against travelling to teach.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    He was supposed to come to our guild to teach/lecture but cancelled as he decided against travelling to teach.
    Was that recent, Claire?

I had a voice teacher who had been an opera singer. He told me that when his kids became teenagers, he realized he had to stop traveling so much. He sat down with his wife and said, "I have an idea." By switching from singing to teaching, he was able to be home when his kids and his wife needed him the most. It was quite a sacrifice.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    Was that recent, Claire?

I had a voice teacher who had been an opera singer. He told me that when his kids became teenagers, he realized he had to stop traveling so much. He sat down with his wife and said, "I have an idea." By switching from singing to teaching, he was able to be home when his kids and his wife needed him the most. It was quite a sacrifice.
    It was sometime early last year I believe