Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sewing machine shopping

Thanks everyone lots of ideas!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

If after trying all the excellent ideas already given to you, and you still want/need a new machine......There is a new "brand" of sewing machines available called "Eversewn" . I have no knowledge of them except what I have read on different forums. Start with a google search and see what pops up. I got an email from Nancy's Notions this am and they are promoting a Babylock "joy" machine for 199.99. So it seems Babylock makes smaller less expensive machines too. Who knew????
    Good luck with whatever you do.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
    If after trying all the excellent ideas already given to you, and you still want/need a new machine......There is a new "brand" of sewing machines available called "Eversewn" . I have no knowledge of them except what I have read on different forums. Start with a google search and see what pops up. I got an email from Nancy's Notions this am and they are promoting a Babylock "joy" machine for 199.99. So it seems Babylock makes smaller less expensive machines too. Who knew????
    Good luck with whatever you do.
    They promote and sell the Eversewn machines at M* as well. They have tutorials showcasing them. Some of Jenny's newer tuts have been done on the Eversewn machines.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

4. Thanks Murphy224 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    They promote and sell the Eversewn machines at M* as well. They have tutorials showcasing them. Some of Jenny's newer tuts have been done on the Eversewn machines.
    Recently they had one on sale for $99, not sure if they still do.
    Donna

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Eversewn Sparrow 30 in December. One of the best purchases I've ever made. Love, love, love it. It is smooth and quiet. Haven't taken the time to mess around with the different stitches and features yet but I will. It is a lovely soft ballet pink with rose gold accents. It comes with an attachable table extension. The accuracy of my work has improved greatly from this machine. Also, can sew hours longer without muscle fatigue in arms, wrists, fingers and shoulders. It is my first computerized machine and I love it. The learning curve is not difficult at all.

I bought mine from an eBay dealer who is a sewing machine shop. Believe I paid $310 with free shipping. It had only a couple of hours demo on it. This person sells regularly on eBay. P.M. me if you are interested and I can look up his name/store. Yes MSQC sells for around $399 which is a fair price. Any place wanting a lot more than that you might want to rethink as their price is inflated. It is my understanding that the machine brand is made by family members of Bernina. There was a tiff and several members struck out on their own or at least that's the story.