Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Dreaded Time Change Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Cute reuse of the doll bed.
    If your DH ends up having to use all those drops he might benefit from my idea. I have a check off sheet to keep track of the drops and it has the medicine name on it in tiny letters. In order to keep track I go by the color of the lid on each. I take the purple and the white lids once a day, the tan and pink ones 4 times. I just wrote the lid color on my sheet in big letters and don't have to get out readers to determine which one to use. If his meds don't have different colors a sharpie or nail polish on the lid would work.
    Thanks Claire for the tip. I think tomorrow is the initial visit since he was referred by our ophtamologist. He's hoping the surgery gets scheduled sooner than later. So far it's only for one eye.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Yes, this whole clock changing thing drives me nuts. People always say to me "But don't you like having longer days?" .Really? ? Do they really think that by changing our clocks we trick the sun into staying up one more hour? We really need to get over this Daylight saving myth.

Ok, I am off my soapbox for today. We had a productive and fun day yesterday. Hubby got the shopping all done and then came home and helped me get the rest of the housecleaning items done that I had on my list. That gave us more time to go visit with the grands. We got to spend some fun time with Tessa (who stayed awake for the whole time we were there), Henry and also Max. Sadly Max' little sis Lily was home sick with mom.. I also had a video call with Zeke so I got to see him too. I did get a bit of time in my sewing room but it was mostly spent straightening up. Not too much creating happened.

Tomorrow my sis and I are headed up to Peekskill to spend a couple days with Johnny and Rob. She hasn't seen her nephews since Christmas. So no sewing room time until later in the week. I do have my Farmer's Wife blocks to bring with me though.

Have a good day all. Stay warm and safe.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Church was so hard this morning. I did well in the Sunday School hour but church, sigh, it just felt like he was droning on and on! I guess it's not a good thing to have the SS teacher substitute for the preacher on the same day, or maybe not on this Sunday. I think I need a nap but I want to get the last of the sashing sewn on and start on those last 6 blocks.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning/afternoon All.

I had a hard time waking up today, I think my body is in open rebellion against daylight savings time. We need to do away with this.

I got a few more red,white, and blue swap blocks done yesterday and now have 3 more embroidered ones to do before I switch everything back to sewing mode. I finally realized that the patterns showing in my book are different than the patterns on my stick, so I don’t have the ones I thought I had. I went on eBay and made an offer on the Americana set I want, hope they accept it.

Hubby has decided we need more variety in our menu so he’s planning to make curry and Kailua pork this week. He tends to like to be creative in the kitchen with the spices so we will see. I keep trying to encourage him to just follow the recipes but apparently that’s not as much fun.
    Pam

8. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, cjsews thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm retired and don't bother with the clocks. It just isn't important. The computer changes automatically, and if I have an appointment to keep, I set my mostly unused watch by it. Life is good.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

10. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

California is thinking of opting out of the time change system and staying on DST always. Arizona and Hawaii already do not observe DST. No one likes it.

But there's another option: Let's go back to the dates we had forty years ago: Spring Forward on the last Sunday in April, Fall Back on the last Sunday in October. Our bodies are ready for it then, as the sun has shifted.

Funny story: We got married the weekend before the time change. We were on our honeymoon for a week. End of the week, church didn't seem to start on time. Then the pastor made a joke about the 8:30 people thinking Mass was starting a half hour late. We commented to some sweet women near us that we didn't know the time was changing that weekend. They said, "Oh, you forgot." We tried to explain that we never knew, and you have to know something first before you can forget it.

They reply? "Oh, you forgot." We gave up!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

12. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post