Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP March 8-14, 2019

Good evening,
    I haven't seen a thread this week, and I hope our fearless leader is alright.

I've been working on M* kindred pinwheel pattern. I think I have enough blocks for a quilt. I have washed more background fabric which I will use for sashing. I made a pillowcase with Paw Patrol fabric for my grandson who will be 2 next week. I am waiting for DH to embroider his name, so I can make a matching one.

Other than, I'm just trying to fight this cold that is hanging on.

What are you working on?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks kimsophia, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP March 8-14, 2019

LOL, "fearless leader" is fine - just running behind. Thanks for kicking off the thread. Friday is usually a very slow day at work, but not this week. And today was my granddaughter's birthday party, so I just now got free.

I have been working on embroidery this week, but will be getting back to Block 23 of 25 for my "80s" quilt after church tomorrow.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This last week I've been catching up on some BOM and BOW where I've got really behind. Yesterday I spent the day with DD helping her make cat cushions and mug rugs and ended up slicing a sliver off the top of my finger (new blade and not watching what I was doing). So we came downstairs to the kitchen (my sewing room is in the attic) and when the bleeding nearly stopped DD started applying a dressing. At that point my blood pressure dropped through my boots and I was barely breathing. DH called an ambulance and I was rushed to A&E where my BP soared, had loads of tests and they think my BP meds need changing as I've had a few dizzy spells over the last few weeks.

I'm back at home and feel wiped out so no church today. However I did get a really nice dressing for my finger, got to keep it covered for a week so I'll be restricted in my sewing this week.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have made some progress on the fusible applique on The Stag-Winter by Madi Hastings. This is a kit from Laser Cut Quilts. I don't know what fusible they used on the pieces but I like it a lot better than the fusible that was used on the two previous laser cut quilts I have assembled. The fusible sticks well, doesn't come undone on long skinny edges, and keeps sticking even if I accidentally overheat it. Also the pieces were completely cut out. The two previous laser cut kits had little tabs still attaching the pieces that you had to snip out with scissors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4910.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	158068

Roughly 70% of the fusible is stitched down. I have two different batiks fabrics set aside for borders.

On a happy note, in the new house my husband wanted to trade hobby rooms. He prefers the smaller back bedroom because it has a closet and I get the larger formal dining room. He also reluctantly agreed that if I can save up the money for a long arm (or mid arm) it can go in the formal dining room even though it will be unattractive. Oh happy day.

On an unhappy note the buyer last Wednesday wanted a termite inspection for a VA loan. We have no termites, as reported on the disclosure. When the inspector came he wanted us to pay for the inspection for the buyer to get a VA loan. Since it wasn't in the contract we refused to pay and our real estate agent paid for it out his commission. Please note that this indicates we are three weeks after the executed contract and the buyer has no loan yet. Good grief.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The onlly sewing related item I worked on was a stand to hold my half page patterns. I bought a wrought iron Barbie bed at a thrift shop. I cut hanging file folders, and voila a pretty storage unit for this size of pattern.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	158076

MaryUK - that is scary. I'm glad you were treated and they've adjusted your meds. Lucky that you were not alone.

DeniseSM - I love your applique stag. Oh lucky girl, a long arm. I see this in your future. Hopefully your house will sells soon. I guess it's different in TX. Here, realtors will not show homes unless the buyers are pre-qualified for financing and have a deposit. Exception when it's Open House viewings, anyone shows up, even nosy neighbours. And sometimes, it's such a hot market that buyers don't put in any financing or inspection conditions, or they get overlooked. I know this happened to DH & I when we sold our respective houses. No conditions, prequalified buyers, no dickering because buyers want things reduced because they want changes made. Good luck. I hope this one goes through.

Hoping to get some sewing done, and this cold clears up soon.

7. Thanks Star lover, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I worked on yesterday. A friend is having a grandson and the nursery theme is farming. I found the panel and the cute borderfabric with rows of crops and little tractors so what to do with them? I think it is OK, not fabulous but I think it fits the theme. Next thing is to quilt it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0649.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	158077

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hand stitching a needlepoint pillow's back on after the canvas broke my sewing machine's needle twice. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I think I'm halfway there. It's hard to do without clear directions. I am not finding helpful instructions on the internet, weirdly. The info I look at doesn't apply to my situation.

I started doing online work to earn money at home. One site is tasks, the other is surveys...I'll be glad to be done with the survey site. I can't get paid until I earn $30 on it and it keeps kicking me out of surveys after I've entered a lot of data. At least Mechanical Turk doesn't do that to me often. I started on Friday and as on Monday afternoon I've earned about $30 between the two with more money pending on their evaluation of my work.

Mary, I hope your meds get adjusted properly soon...hang in there, Denise! House selling is too stressful!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Mary, I hope you're OK now! What a fright!.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Views:	27 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	158123. Pillowcases for GS who is 2 today.

Views:	29 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	158124. Waffle weave tea towels. I got a great deal on the bolt of fabric, approx $2CDN per metre. I have cut 30 towels to make. I hope to sell at xmas craft show, or gifts to friends and family until then with a bottle of wine.

Views:	31 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	158125 magnetic board hung above my sewing table for quick notes.

Views:	29 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	158126. FQs win at my guild meeting last night. Some are really pretty, but did I need more FQs? Absolutely.

14. Thanks threadbndr, Star lover, MSN, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice win and great projects.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post