Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: We are very sad tonight

Oh my goodness, loosing a beloved friend is so difficult. At least you were there for her and she for you when you both needed a friend. Embrace the goodness , share the love with a new friend. Not right now, but soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    Today is a hard day. A difficult day. we had to put out little girl dog, Snickers, a King Charles Cavalier, down. She is our little rescue dog, and in many ways, she rescued us. She was estimated to be 5 years old when we found her
    5 1/2 years ago. 2 1/2 years ago she was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma and had her spleen removed. 4 days ago we found that it had metastasized to her liver. This is difficult., Snickers is in Heaven. We have had 2 1/2 years more to love her and to be loved by her. I am heartbroken. Tonight will be so hard. I wonder, does God have cheesits for her? Snickers really loved them. Forgive me, but I am a little raw tonight.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I've rescued almost all of my pets for the last 50 years and for the last maybe 15 years I have adopted the older ones. I take joy in the fact that I was able to give those kids some wonderful last years. It doesn't make it hurt any less but I feel that is something good I can do for the ones that need it most. When one leaves I wait a few months and go find another that needs help. But this last little girl is going to be soooo hard to lose. My husband is in very poor health and she gives him so much love that I pray he goes before she does because his heart will break without her.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry for your loss. These fur-babies touch our lives/hearts so deeply, I often wonder if they realize our love for them runs so deep.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry too. It's hard to lose a beloved pet, your little best friend, your shadow, who is always there with you good times and bad. Take comfort that she had a good life with you. I am sure she's munching on cheesits right now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

God has all that our loved ones need. So sorry for your loss.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

God bless you as you mourn the loss of your fur baby. They hold such special places in our hearts. It's hard to let them go. Cherish the memories.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry to hear about your sweet pup. It's so hard missing a fur baby who has brought you so much joy. Hugs to you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. Dogs are so special to us with their unconditional love. It is a very sad thing indeed to let them go. We lost our beloved dog just a year ago and still miss her sweet face. Prayers of comfort for you.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

It is so sad to lose such a loyal fur baby friend. I am so sorry for your loss. I sure hope your Snickers gets all the Cheeseits she wants now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for the loss of your sweet fur baby.