Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Make a Jelly Roll Rug with Jenny Doan

I was thinking if you wanted to used up leftover fabric scraps to make the strips it'd be at least a way to make one. Just an idea...

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Video was unavailable.

Gina

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the video! I’m more of a fan of buy once, buy high quality and made to last, myself. I don’t like to buy cheap stuff from Walmart if I can avoid it.
    Pam

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

i would also not use those beautiful jelly rolls to make something for the floor. i would rather use them for a quilt.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    Thanks for sharing the video! I’m more of a fan of buy once, buy high quality and made to last, myself. I don’t like to buy cheap stuff from Walmart if I can avoid it.
    I am 71 years old and not in good health. Don't think I NEED it to last long. Save some money for quilting.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 of these rugs is my house and love them. Used scraps for most and there’s always lots of quilt batting strips to use. Love them

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to make a smaller rectangular rug with batting scraps and strips of ugly fabric, you know "what was I thinking" fabric.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I'm confused. I watched the video tutorial on Friday, as I always do because I love watching Jenny! I wanted to share it with my sister on Saturday and it was an edited version of the one I saw Friday. The one on Friday had great tips about angling the beginning to reduce bulk and how to start the curve in the center. Those parts were missing on Saturday. I don't really plan to make a jelly roll rug but I was disappointed when I watched the second time. Why were they different?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfurkids View Post
    I have to admit that I'm confused. I watched the video tutorial on Friday, as I always do because I love watching Jenny! I wanted to share it with my sister on Saturday and it was an edited version of the one I saw Friday. The one on Friday had great tips about angling the beginning to reduce bulk and how to start the curve in the center. Those parts were missing on Saturday. I don't really plan to make a jelly roll rug but I was disappointed when I watched the second time. Why were they different?
    I'm guessing she gave away parts that were in the pattern that were not allowed. Donna Jordan did the same thing with a rectangle shaped jelly roll rug and the whole video was taken down. You need to buy the pattern. Actually I was surprised Jenny showed what she did.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't take the time and expense to make one of these lovely creations, but that's me. I couldn't bear someone using them as a mud catcher. Maybe my age is showing, but I remember as a young girl, my mother's sister used to make these out of old clothes. Process was more of a crochet, though. Well, what goes around, comes around. They are pretty, though, and expensive.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown