Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Black&white top. needs back..ideas? please

I would keep the back simple. Let the work on the front shine! Great job.

2. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful, Terry. You knocked it out of the park. I agree about a simple back. I like the idea of horizontal pieced backing, but I think maybe leave out the white. Do something with the red and black. Actually as I'm typing this I can visualize red and black diagonal sections for the back.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    Terry- That's crazy cool. Love it! The balance of color is so good, one can see whatever they want it to be- black and white, or red. Really fun. So... the red (on my monitor) is a deeper red -really rich looking. If it were mine I'd do the same red on the back.
    The red is connecting threads candy colors burlap weave that I've had on the shelf for three years. I have 2 yds 10 inches left. I have2 yds of kona black and 2 yds 20 inches of some white pebbles. I cannot buy any more material. This is my year to use what I have. Last night I drew up a large block like the front and I have about decided that if I can pull it off, it would be cool. I'm going to go hack that up this morning and see how it comes out. I might just have more scraps, but it might be fun.

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Terry!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

8. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to do the same as you, use what I have. You are so creative, I can't wait to see what you piece for the back.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

10. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry
    This is beautiful! Keep it simple for the back is my vote. If you've figured out that the yardage is enough to make more blocks to echo the front I say go for it. Since you said you have just so much yardage...be careful. But whatever you do, if you made a booboo, you could always send this beauty to me, LOL!

Gina

12. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jenny did a tut called Rising Star that was also on the cover of Block, idk what issue. Her dh designed it. I made the block to see what it looked like, it was very modern and super easy but the block was gigantic! I think about 20 inches, the star legs were cut from 10 inch pieces I think. I always thought that would be a cool thing to put on the back of a quilt and maybe you could put 4 together in a 4 patch. It would be very dramatic! You did a great job on the quilt top too.

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think I made that and made a kitchen window cover from it it was so large. I think it turned out at 28 inches for just the star and by the time I put the borders on it maybe 34. It was a big star. Good idea. If this idea I have doesn't work, I may have to go with that I spent today making black and white print materials into yardage. I'm having trouble getting enough scraps but it looks like I'm almost there. My imagination has this as a cool back. Fingers crossed that I'm not disappointed..
    Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Jenny did a tut called Rising Star that was also on the cover of Block, idk what issue. Her dh designed it. I made the block to see what it looked like, it was very modern and super easy but the block was gigantic! I think about 20 inches, the star legs were cut from 10 inch pieces I think. I always thought that would be a cool thing to put on the back of a quilt and maybe you could put 4 together in a 4 patch. It would be very dramatic! You did a great job on the quilt top too.

16. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post