Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Want to buy the Machine Ginny sews on!

Hi Guys,

Have been looking for a new machine with a larger throat area and noticed the Baby lock Jazz Ginny sews on in some of her videos. Well I called my local Baby lock and she won't carry it and wanted me to buy a Tiara, that will not even happen if I win the lottery. She said its a mechanical machine and I would not like it. Beg to differ because I love using my old machines. Right now I use my Singer vintage machine's a lot as well as a Janome 6600 for piecing.
    What I really want is a mechanical with a large throat like the Jazz, I don't need bells and whistles I already have them.
    I want the Jazz ll so any help I can get I would appreciate it.

Also my husband and I are driving to Kansas City for Easter and I am for sure coming to Missouri to see you all and going to fill up the car.

Love your products and LOVE Ginny's videos, Keep up the Great Work.

Help me get a Jazz ll ! Thanks Diane

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Want to buy the Machine Ginny sews on!

Jenny uses a variety of machines in her videos. Not only the Jazz but the fast machine that has a 9" throat ( used to be called Jane but now has a new name). She also sews on Even Sewn machines, which is a new line they are carrying that has a lower price point than the Baby Locks. If you get to Hamilton, they carry these machines, so perhaps you can get one at Missouri Star. I sew on a machine similar to the Jane but a different manufacturer, and I absolutely love it. You could free motion quilt with a 9" harp easily, so take a look at that machine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted the Jazz three years ago and went to an LQS to try it out. I could not get the tension to work for me and even the shop owner seemed confused, so try before you buy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

First of all...how rude of the Babylock dealer in your area not wanting to assist you in what you would like to purchase. Talk about losing a sale! I would call and see if Missouri Star even carries that machine before you plan your trip. And if the dealer in your area does not want your business? Find one near you that will cater to what you want to purchase!
    Being from the Kansas City, Missouri area....there is 4 locations of the Missouri Sewing Machine Company! March 2017 is when I purchased my Babylock Jazz and March is always a wonderful time to buy one! Check out this link! https://mosew.com/baby-lock-march-specials/
    I have been very happy with my Jazz.....I had tested several brands and models before making my final decision to purchase a Babylock Jazz and I would do it again! I am like you, I do not need all of the bells and whistles (digital confusion) of a higher expensive model to make beautiful quilts! But, I do expect a machine dealer to try their best to acquire a satisfied customer! I have more than once walked out of a sewing machine dealership if they didn't have what I wanted or if I couldn't "test drive" the machines......
    Last edited by shermur; March 4th, 2019 at 08:20 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

6. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post