Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well it's Wednesday!!

Guess what day it is? You know, say it....say it....Here is the commercial, Les gets a kick out it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udGdavg3faQ

I didn't do much yesterday. Drove Les to work so the van could get some repairs. Did laundry and my machine is still taking on water so when I am done I shut off the water supply. Les spoke to someone who used to work for Sears so Gary is going to come out and take a look. According to him it is a simple fix, let's hope. I had to pick Les up after work so we got a pizza to take home.

Tonight Les is participating in a Trivia Night at the hotel (next door to me). I will join them for supper and maybe stay to watch them, we shall see.

More laundry to do and I am starting to itch to get sewing. Maybe that will happen today too.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks PamelaOry, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well it's Wednesday!!

Good moooorning y’all!

Monique, I sure hope it’s a “simple” fix......it usually isn’t for me. But, I sure hope it is for you! I love that camel.....he makes me smile every time I see/hear that commercial! Hope you get to answer those itchy fingers.....and sew!

I did some sewing, not as much as I’d hoped, but it’ll do.

Got more snow over night. About 20’ today.......so not looking forward to shoveling........again.....

But, it could always be worse.....

Hope everyone is doing well this fine am. Love, prayers for many.....love for all!

Attachment 157890

4. Thanks Monique, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All.
    I’m up early, it’s 4:30 here. We finally got some snow this week, a couple inches last night. My husband is just like a kid when it comes to snow so I have 2 of them hoping they get “snowed in” and can’t go to school/work. Hubby brought work home with him last night just in case.
    The doctor didn’t really give me any new info about the pain in my side. She said I have a lot of fat in my liver and that is why it’s hurting. Losing weight is the only thing I can do to get relief . She also wants me to do physical therapy again for my back, but this time in a pool, which is new, I’ve never done water therapy before. I’ve been praying for God to help me lose weight, clearly vi can’t do it on my own and need help, but I absolutely have to,I can’t live like this lying on my side all the time to deal with the pain.

Good luck getting that machine fixed Monique.

Hoping everyone has a good Wednesday .
    Pam

6. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pam, love and hugs....yeah trying to lose weight is hard. Can be done, lots of successs stories. You have to find what works for you. What worked for me was a plan that I could live with the rest of my life.....not a quick fad.....to much temptation and then failure for me anyway. Hope things improve for you.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Only 19 deg. & more frozen fog. This a.m. is Bible Study, then I have several errands to run. I have an appt. at 1 p.m. with the surgeon to take a look at my hand incision. It will be a busy day.

I spent an hour in the sewing room yest. I didn't do any "sewing", but I ripped stitches from batting strips that have been trimmed off quilts. Most of the fabric strips are 2.5 - 3" wide, so definitely are usable for piecing. I enjoyed listening to my gospel music while I ripped.

No more time now to chat.

10. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. It's a cloudy one here. I think we will take a trip to a local garden center today to pick up some bird seed for our feeder and I also need some potting soil for a few of my houseplants. Other than that, just some laundry in my to do list and hopefully some sewing room time.

Monique, I hope it is an easy fix for your washing machine. And I love that commercial. It's my favorite one of Geico's. Anita be careful with the shoveling. Pam, I would be excited about a snow day too. I love a nice snowfall and we really haven't had much snow here at all yet this winter. And I hope you can find some relief for your pain soon.

Time to switch out some laundry. Have a good day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

12. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful morning, and I'm waiting for J. The others have been sick this week and they've kept their germs at Nana and Nandy's house. I can't say I'm sad about that! I seem to catch everything they bring over. I guess retirement has kept me out of the resistance to kiddie germs building antibodies.

Mike has a second interview today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I told him flat out if this job didn't work out he was going to Publix and get a job with them! Momma's had it with him just sitting around here thinking he's going to be my driver all the time.

Jim's worked for PEP for the last 8 years. It's a tutoring company and he has classes 4 days a week. Working on the schedule for next year, it looks like they're planning on cutting his hours. Financially, it won't work for them. So, he's having anxiety about finding a new job. Since he's only worked 4 days a week, it's going to be a rude awakening for him to have a 5 day a week job. The school where his MIL works has an opening at the middle school level. He's going to apply there, and look at other options. PEP is going to be hurting, as Jim is the pitch hitter, taking classes that nobody else wants, and filling in those scheduling holes of what the students need.

I worked on hexies yesterday. Finished 1 row and planned out the next row. Then I switched to the garden star, 21 blocks are done. I'm waiting for the 2 charm packs I ordered. I decided to order charms to finish up the quilt instead of cutting up the other layer cake. I may want to make me a quilt with it. I think I'll be able to use one of the charm packs to finish up the corner four patches.

Not sure what else is on the agenda for today, other than rain moving in and temperatures dropping.

Prayers for those in need for gentle healing touches, strength to face our trials, comfort for those whose heart is heavy, wisdom to know which path to take, and hope! Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings, family and friends.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks Monique, PamelaOry, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pam you can do this. You are a strong woman. I know that someone has probably told you this, but don't think forever, think today. Today you can drink more water and less soda (that is mine) but it works for me. Yours will be different, but small steps is what you should aim for. Good luck and you can do it.

16. Thanks Star lover, Monique, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning - I was up and of the house early today. I have another quilt to take to my quilter. I need to iron the top and back.not much else on my to do list. I decided to go gluten free to help w the inflammation associated with the auto immune disease.i am def eating better and feeling better.. I also used Weight Watchers to help lose some weight . Pam— keep looking and trying programs.

Have a good day.
    Beth

18. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of my favorite commercials! Don't ya just love it?

Gina

20. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post