Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Tuesday alright.

Good morning friends. Yes Tuesday for sure. Glad to have Monday over with. The work day was busy but the drive there was a white knuckle drive. Visibility was terrible. I heard there was a car overturned in the ditch, must have happened after I went through. I had a good work day.

This morning I have to drive Les to work and then the van goes to the garage. I am going to try and get things cleaned up and then try to get to my sewing room. We shall see what the day brings. My nose is running like a faucet, not sure if I have another cold coming or just allergies. I hope it is just allergies.

Suzanne, I hope you are having a wonderful time at retreat. Tell them all "Hello" from me. If they are telling stories about me, they are all true, haha.

Well that's it for me. Have a wonderful day friends.
    Last edited by Monique; February 26th, 2019 at 08:17 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday alright.

Howdy y’all!

Oh Monique, how scary.....so thankful you got home OK. Hope,your day goes well and your drip is just allergies.......not a cold! Warm hugs!

We had sun....glorious sun yesterday......loved it! The wind....not so much, but better than it was. Not sure what today’s suppose to be like.....I hate to check......it’s been the same thing for so long. 1 nice day followed by yuk, followed by more yuk, followed by not so bad.....been kind of a yo-yo winter. Ah well, I was able to lay allllll the blocks out - all 99 of them....whew. Finally found an arrangement I liked.....but not real sure.....they kept falling off my design bed..... Hoping to sew em all up today..... at least sew up some. We’ll see.

Hoping everyone is doing well.....gotta check posts to see how y’all are.....have a wonderful, warm, safe, cold (cough, cough) free day! Hugs for all!

4. Thanks PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning....

Still cold and so ready for spring. I will be forever glad when I don't have to worry about how we will fill the fuel tank for heat!

I start a new job on Friday, March 1st. It's a retail chain job in a "sort of" management position. It's not the job I was shooting for, but something is better than unemployed.

I started an applique mini yesterday; I will see if I can get some more work done on that impromptu project today.....

Last night was quilt board meeting and I forgot; I feel like a failure this morning because I got distracted last night when the job offer call came through.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	157827Good morning! I've had some great days in the sewing room! Made 4 backpacks in the past week. I joined a Bag of the Month Club, and each month, a new bag pattern comes out. I had joined this in the past but never liked the bags enough to actually make one. This time I've made the January and February bags and have actually made several of each pattern. Having a lot of fun with it, and the designers are available to help with issues as they arise! It's been fun, and if my iPad will cooperate, I'll show you my results.

Hope to see some spring weather soon, they say today will be warm, but winter weather will be back again tomorrow! Boo!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; February 26th, 2019 at 08:43 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri, so thankful you got a job! Don’t feel bad about “being distracted,” a job is a GREAT thing.....time to celebrate! I’m happy for you!

Attachment 157826

8. Thanks PamelaOry, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Monique, I hope it's allergies but it mimics the same symptoms to start with. Take care of yourself. Cinnamon and honey are good for allergies. I mix cinnamon into local honey and make a spread for toast.

Yesterday I had to switch gears, from making hexie flowers to putting flowers on to the quilt. I didn't even get a whole row done. I have about 8 left and I didn't even have the kids.

Family dinner was cancelled (after I'd already figured out I was sending out for dinner). So Jim stopped and picked up enough for his family and went home. Morgan left church early with sinus problems. Yesterday, Esther started running a fever and by the time Jim picked up Zeke he wasn't looking too good either.

Who knows what's going to happen today. Morgan was supposed to go to work last night, but I don't know if she did or not. I'll see if I get a call in the next little bit or not. Either way, Lysol will be a part of my day!

I guess I'll be working on hexies this afternoon. I need to pick up the tickets for the Shrine Circus before I forget to pick them up. Not much else needs to be done other than dusting and vacuuming the great room. I'd like to finish the row of hexies then work on the Garden Star for a bit. We'll see how the time goes.

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Morning....

Still cold and so ready for spring. I will be forever glad when I don't have to worry about how we will fill the fuel tank for heat!

I start a new job on Friday, March 1st. It's a retail chain job in a "sort of" management position. It's not the job I was shooting for, but something is better than unemployed.

I started an applique mini yesterday; I will see if I can get some more work done on that impromptu project today.....

Last night was quilt board meeting and I forgot; I feel like a failure this morning because I got distracted last night when the job offer call came through.
    Glad you got the job, Sherri!!

11. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, Monique, shermur thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is 30 with no wind . Yesterday trash cans were blowing around in our streets, a stop light blew down , places lost power. This morning I will go and meet with my Japanese ladies. I need to take 2 of our dogs for their laser treatment later this afternoon. I am working on putting binding on my wall hanging.

Have a good day and stay warm and healthy.
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...It is supposed to get up to 60 today but they say more ice and snow Friday. We will take the nice weather while we have it and continue to wish for Spring.

I sewed a few hours yesterday and got three blocks done! This morning I have errands to run and stuffed red bell peppers to make for dinner. Jeff is in class for the rest of the week.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and prayers for everyone struggling with the cares of life. Hugs...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's 22 deg. I suspect another a.m. with frost. The temp. got up to 56 yest. & it was nice & sunny. It's supposed to be even warmer today. I noticed a couple daffodils are up ~4". They're on the W. side of the house where it's warm.

Yest. I hauled the vac. upstairs from the bsmt. & ran the vac. I hadn't done it since before my hand surgery, so it really needed it. Cleaned in both bathrooms. I also vac'd in the bsmt. I snaked the drains. They usually need to be done every 2 mos. or so.

The electrician is scheduled to come today to fix our ceiling fluorescent light. I suspect it needs a new ballast. In years past, DH could have done the chore, but he just doesn't have the strength to do those kinds of jobs now, so we have to hire it done.

My SIL was moved to a rehab facility yest. I hope she'll do well & can return to mobility. If she can get around with a walker, she'll be able to transition to the assisted living section of where they live now.