Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Sunday

Good Morning All,

I woke up this morning in the middle of a weird dream. It had the silly squirrel, Mike's eye surgeon, and me! Needless to say, I'm kind of curious about the meaning of that!

I worked on the Garden Star quilt yesterday. I'm pleased so far with my progress. I have 12 blocks sewn together. One thing I'll tell you... Make sure you keep your original block in front of you! I got turned around, so Mike and I made a design decision... 1/2 of those friendship stars are going one way, and 1/2 are going the other! I'll pin a ribbon to one set to make sure we have them checkerboard on the final lay out. I do like the way the 4 patches look in the middle.

I cleaned all the pieces up, since the kiddos may be coming over this afternoon. I didn't want them to help confuse my stacks since we sorted out the half square triangles by lefties and righties.

I really enjoyed my last few days of working on a big quilt. No hexies done yesterday, but we'll see what gets done today.

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning Sunday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Katrina, I'm with you. I always keep a sample block in front of me so I get it laid out correctly. It's so easy to turn something the wrong way. I have a bunch of Friendship Star blocks made (one of my many UFOs) that are similar. It has the 4 patches in the 4 corners, but not in the center block. I used oriental fabrics. One of these days I'll put that one together.

Much milder this morning. It's 30 deg. Yest. the temp. got up to 46 & most of the snow melted away. We're supposed to have temps. in the 50's this week, maybe even close to 60 one day. I'll take it.

I considered today's DD. It's tempting. The price is good. Those fabrics make such good blenders to mix in with other fabrics. But...I'll decline & keep using from my stash.

My niece called yest. eve. with an update on my SIL. She's still in the hosp. They're getting a lot of rain in TN with flood watches. I saw on last night's news that Knoxville had flooding.

This morning will be church. Afterwards, I need to make a quick stop at Vit. Cot. to resupply my Kombucha. I hope everyone has a good day.

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

JCY, do you make your own kombucha, or buy it ready to drink? I like to make it, but can't get the amount of carbonation I like, so I usually end up just buying it. My favorite brand is Synergy, in gingerberry flavor.

6. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I spent some quality time in the sewing room yesterday and made good progress on my wallhanging. I can see light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm really tempted to skip the housework and work on it some more today. I'm hoping to finish it next weekend.

We have a high wind warning today. Temps are starting off mild, in the mid-50's, and will be dropping throughout the day. Rain will turn into snow by this afternoon. I think I will go to the grocery store this morning before the snow hits. Last week or the week before I went in the middle of a blizzard, which started right before I left and ended while I was in the store. I am really looking forward to spring!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Only 3 more weeks to springs official opening. Hard to believe isn't it? But today we are having a blue sky day and maybe hit 60. Hooray. Maybe it will dry up some of the puddles.
    Finished a crib quilt yesterday and some more of my blocks for the quilt I'm working on. I ironed blocks and hst's last night for more than 3 hours. Half done.
    Went to Cohen's GM's house yesterday and had a nice visit. While there Cohen and Grandma did facetime. That was pretty cool.
    Do any of you do that facetime or duo depending on your phone?

10. Thanks Star lover, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. There is a lull before a cold front arrives. We are getting ready for high winds ( up to 50 mph). Not a good hair day.
    We went to Target earlier to buy another tv for our family room. The kids did something to our old one. Now DH is setting it up. I am sure that there will be some swearing involved in this.
    I am putting the binding on my Tula quilt. And trying to decide what to make for dinner.

Have a good day.
    Beth

12. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. The first signs of spring arrived here about 2 weeks ago. The trees or budding out, azaleas & redbuds or blooming. This morning our cars are covered in pollen...........and I'm sneezing.

But it's sun shining and beautiful!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

14. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

We're in the middle of a blizzard! No travel warning, winds gusting to 50 mph, wind chills of -25. Only good thing is it's supposed to be over by 6 this evening. I'm headed for the sewing room, and after I have my "fix", I'll be sitting at the computer organizing info for taxes. :-((((

Jeanne

16. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Oh happy day! It's warmer and brighter outside and I'm hoping that spring comes sooner rather than later. I've been working on a quilt from my UFO pile for the last ten days. It has 64 blocks and each block has 6 pieces and I decided to STID on all the seams. It's a gift for a friend that has a recurrence of breast cancer after 30 years, so I'm going slowly and carefully. So far so good...
    I've gotten an itch about trying to learn how to digitize my own designs for machine embroidery. I don't really know if I want to go in that direction, so I bought Anita Goodesign's Digitizing 401 course. Wow, what an eye opener. Even if I don't go down that road, it's been a good education about how designs are made.
    This afternoon is going to be spent with a good book and a hot cuppa something....no cleaning, no cooking, no laundry, no dog walking. Hope you all have a pleasant rest of the day.

18. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We are seeing the sun at last. After 4 inches of rain Friday night and another 2 in the afternoon and more last night, we are waterlogged. Yes JCY, Knoxville is flooded and Maryville and there are landslides everywhere. Now the wind is blowing a gale with gusts up to 30 mph. I've lived here 28 years and have never seen this kind of weather. Who says there is no climate change?

Other than the weather, there's not much going on here. I've been cleaning out kitchen cabinets and rearranging them. I didn't have time when they finished the new kitchen. I just stuffed things back in any handy way! I did wash the ones I use all the time. Now I'm getting shelf paper in and putting things where they belong. Just 3 more to go.

I think I'll take the day off today and sew. Wonder if there's a good old movie on TV?

20. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post