Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oh no here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by mamo69 View Post
    Let me jump in here. As long as the place of business you order from gets your order "out the door" in a timely manner (and they all are NOT like Amazon) it is now in the hands of the carrier NOT the business purchased from.
    EXACTLY - but the choice of who that shipper is, is in the hands of M*. They have made it abundantly clear that getting our orders to us in a timely manner is of ZERO importance to them. Period. I still order DD and things I don't need soon. Anything I need in less than a month, I order elsewhere.

There are numerous other companies that charge $5 and send it 2 day priority, as well as get it out the same day if you order early enough. Ask me how I know that! Experience.
    Donna

2. Thanks shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I can order the same items from equilter, farther away, and have it in 3 days, even when they were in the process of moving the business.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on ordering from Missouri. I would like to support them but it's just too long a wait to get my fabric. I now order from equilter and it always arrives in a reasonable time.

5. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get that they don't seem to care enough to insure customers get their orders in a reasonable time. What's reasonable? Plain and simple. As good or better than anyone else.

surfergirl is on Oahu. I buy fabric from Honolulu and get it in 3 days (ships free). Should she not expect the same from the mainland? I buy notions and other stuff shipped from China. Wait for it- free freight and arrives in 5 days from order date. Can't believe we can't compete. Fabric from the east coast (all cuts) gets here in 4-5 days. So. Cal? 2 days. Rocky Mountain states- 3 days. I do order at a specific time of day so my order is there when they show up for work in the morning. Pretty much without fail it ships that day.

For those that mentioned it- The sellers responsibility DOES NOT end when the shipping company picks up your package. Their responsibility ends when you rip open the package and check off the packing list. That means getting your stuff to you when you want it, and providing enough shipping options to make that happen.

Earned the business? "Show me!"
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

7. Thanks shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Order your goodies from The Fat Quarter Shop. Things get from Texas to Iowa in 3 days and I've never had a problem with them...Great service

9. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Kentucky and have never had a problem with MSQC shipping times.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    I'm in Kentucky and have never had a problem with MSQC shipping times.
    Not everyone does. It may have something to do with you being in a border state, or your standard for "shipping times" might not be what most would consider unacceptable. If I lived in Kentucky and got my order in on Tuesday before 10 AM, and it isn't in Friday's mail, or by other delivery method, it's taking too long.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am also in a border state, less than 200 miles from the store. 8-10 days is my average for the last 4 orders (about one a month)
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I need some jelly rolls, but after reading the posts here, I guess I'll look elsewhere as I need them to make a quilt by April 1st.

Sad thing is, they keep saying they are seeing the posts and working on improving the shipping service, but nothing ever seems to happen. Empty promises. I hope they wake up and "smell the coffee" before they loose too many customers.

14. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    Not everyone does. It may have something to do with you being in a border state, or your standard for "shipping times" might not be what most would consider unacceptable. If I lived in Kentucky and got my order in on Tuesday before 10 AM, and it isn't in Friday's mail, or by other delivery method, it's taking too long.
    I usually have my order within 3 business days. I may be in a border state but I'm not on the side of the state that borders Missouri. It could be that I don't expect everything to come in two days like Amazon Prime shipping...btw, those orders don't always arrive in 2 days either.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

16. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post