• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carol336
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

BAD REPORT

I guess I'm looking for more of your wonderful prayers. I was just diagosed with breast cancer. I can't even believe it as I type it. I'm just stunned. I'm seeing the Oncologist on Tuesday to get the ball rolling with treatment. The worst part is telling my kids. I just got off the phone with my eldest son, I guess it went pretty well. I tried to downplay it, but how do you downplay cancer. I'll be calling my youngest son tomorrow....he's at work tonight and I don't want to tell him while he's working.
    I'm just numb.
  • JaniceR
    The Guild President
    • Apr 2012

Re: BAD REPORT

Carol,
    I am so very sorry to hear this news. I know you must be both stunned and afraid. I know I would be too. But the success rate for curing breast cancer in today’s medical world is so encouraging. Hopefully it has been caught very early and treatment will knock it out quickly and this will be behind you soon. Try to stay strong and positive. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Comment

• Kgrammiecaz
      Missouri Star
      • May 2013

Oh my Carol. So very sorry to hear you have to deal with this, but be strong. Be positive too, that helps with healing they say. I will add plenty of prayers for you and your family. Keep coming here of course!
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• jjkaiser
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

Aww I am so sorry to read this, and I know telling your kids will be so awful for them and for you. The outcomes for breast cancer just keep getting better and better so try to be positive. I'm sure someone on the Forum has gone through this or is currently in treatment and maybe she will reach out and give you the kind of support you need right now.
        Jocelyn
        South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Astatoo
          The Guild President
          • Sep 2017

So sorry Carol. Sending (((((((hugs))))))), positive thoughts and prayers.

Beth
          Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

• DeniseSm
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2013

Wishing you all the best. To all, please get your mammogram. Early detection is the key to survival.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• cv quilter
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Carol, bad report, indeed!! I'm sad for you as you try to process this news. Your children and your friends on this Forum will be a big and important support system for you. Rely on all of us. Prayers.
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• PamelaOry
                Applique Angel
                • Jan 2019

You’re in my prayers tonight.
                Pam

Comment

• MRoy
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2011

Sending hugs, prayers, and positive thoughts.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• KPH
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Lifting prayers and sending virtual hugs. It's so hard to process everything. That numbness is your brain protecting you. Listen carefully, take a note pad with you and write everything down when you go to the doctor. The process of writing will help you focus. Between now and then write down any questions you think of, even the most off the wall things that pop into your head. Ask!

More hugs and lots of love surrounding you and yours.
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2013

Dear Carol ~ So sorry to hear this news. I can only imagine how you must be feeling -- certainly in a state of shock. It will take a while for the news to sink in. There are many on this forum who have been or are dealing with cancer or other illnesses. It's wonderful to know other people care, will listen to your concerns, be supportive, & will be praying for you. We are a caring group here. Know that you're in our thoughts & prayers. God bless.

Comment

• Granny Judy
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2011

I live with my youngest DD and she has been going thru this for the last 2.5 years. Her cancer had spread so treatment is very aggressive and multiple. Listen to your oncologist and nurses. write down questions and concerns to ask them. and remember we are here and there are cancer forums for talking with others who are going thru the same thing as you.

I am a retired nurse and I worked in oncology unit for over 8 years. My main focus is controlling the side effects from the chemo .. each one is different and each person reacts differently. Don't be afraid to use the meds and ask questions. If they say constipation is a side effect.. treat it right away.. keep enemas, suppositories and pills on hand. Nausea should be treated at the first sign. raw feeling in the mouth- keep a solution of baking soda & water in a jar in the refrig.. rinse often. etc.. ""Just IN Case"".. because those side effects will happen in the middle of the night, during holidays and other inconvenient times..

If they say pain happens 2 days after chemo, get pain meds ahead of time and take them when you feel that pain is more than "uncomfortable". It's important to stay ahead/ on top of the pain... And have the cancer care 24 hour a day phone number on speed dial. I guarantee you will use it.

Treatments have improved by leaps and bounds, so you have a great chance of beating this type of cancer.. Yes it is a shock and we have all cried our share of tears and still do, but my lovely daughter is still here and fighting the good fight. No new tumors have been found since her original diagnosis...3 years ago.. she skipped one mammogram, and so it had started and spread in that lapse of testing.

Hugs and prayers for your quick treatment and remission..
                        Last edited by Granny Judy; February 22, 2019, 08:06 PM.
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

• Debbie Watters
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2015

Prayers for you and your family ...

Comment

• sewbizzy
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2012

Sending prayers for you and your family...
                            Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2013

I'm so sorry to hear this Carol. A lot of progress has been made over the years with breast cancer. Several of my relatives have gone through it and have done very well. One branch of the family tree went on to start the organization Breast Intentions and I believe they have branched out to another state. They are in New Jersey.
                              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X