Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BAD REPORT

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BAD REPORT

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Wishing you all the best. To all, please get your mammogram. Early detection is the key to survival.
    Carol, my sentiments exactly. Stay positive as others have said. Treatments have come a long way with great success. Scarey, you betcha. Please keep us posted and share as much as you are comfortable with. This Forum is an incredible group, and I'll just bet you can feel the love and support.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

2. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for you, Carol.

4. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Adding my prayers for you, Carol. May the doctors come up with the perfect care plan for you.

6. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, I have walked in your shoes. 2006. I too had a hard time to tell my boys. Yes I did see my life flash before my eyes. I made a mental list of all the things I needed to do/wanted to do. This forum is filled to the brim with such caring and knowledgeable (not only quilting) people. Lean on us too when you need to. Prayers for you and your family as you all go through this journey.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

8. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Sending hugs and prayers your way. Praying that your treatments works quickly and that you are soon cancer free.

10. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You've got mine, Carol!

Like others have said, Treatment is much more effective now than just a few years ago. A co-worker just told me last night that "Embrance"(?) is working wonders for her.
    Donna

12. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this news. Prayers for you, your family, and your treatment. Think positive as treatment has come a Long way!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

14. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol

It's okay for you to feel numb. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2017 my primary care doctor told me not to worry, that'd we get rid of it. He called the night he got the results & I listened & just said ok, ok, ok, It was when I got off the phone that I bawled as I told my husband. He set me up with my oncologist who was wonderful. With my BC it also showed up in my lymph nodes (just one breast was where the cancer showed up). Oncologist wanted me to have a CT scan, bone density & I think an MRI. She wanted us to make sure no stone was left unturned & that no other cancer was anywhere else. Thank God none were found.

Fast forward I had 6 rounds of chemo & a mastectomy. I'm doing excellent. My biggest "side effect" was with the very low energy level & lack of appetite (lost 18 lbs) BUT, again I'm doing excellent!!

Carol, there are others here that have been thru this diagnosis & I bet they too have been numb. I've told everyone this, cry, shout, get angry, frustrated, scared. Whatever emotion you you want to go thru. YOU are the one going thru it. THEN, apologize to whoever you get angry with & tell them it's not them you are angry with. THEN, wipe your nose, dry your eyes & say I don't have a choice. Well, you do but not really. Just know you are not alone...ever. Cry when you have to, smile when you can. My daughter told me, "Mom, you were stronger than I ever thought you were, more so than I would've been".

You are stronger than you think. Your kids will be too. Try not to worry too much. You got this. Praying has been started for you. PM me if you want to chat.

Gina

16. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, I have no doubt that you'll win this battle, but I will send up my prayers for a quick victory and that you receive strength love and comfort from all who know and love you.

18. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dearest Carol,

You will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear your diagnoses. You have a good chance of beating this; treatments have gotten so effective! Our family is living proof, as our oldest daughter is now ten years post diagnosis and cancer free!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

20. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post