Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD REPORT

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BAD REPORT

Dear Carol ~ So sorry to hear this news. I can only imagine how you must be feeling -- certainly in a state of shock. It will take a while for the news to sink in. There are many on this forum who have been or are dealing with cancer or other illnesses. It's wonderful to know other people care, will listen to your concerns, be supportive, & will be praying for you. We are a caring group here. Know that you're in our thoughts & prayers. God bless.

2. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I live with my youngest DD and she has been going thru this for the last 2.5 years. Her cancer had spread so treatment is very aggressive and multiple. Listen to your oncologist and nurses. write down questions and concerns to ask them. and remember we are here and there are cancer forums for talking with others who are going thru the same thing as you.

I am a retired nurse and I worked in oncology unit for over 8 years. My main focus is controlling the side effects from the chemo .. each one is different and each person reacts differently. Don't be afraid to use the meds and ask questions. If they say constipation is a side effect.. treat it right away.. keep enemas, suppositories and pills on hand. Nausea should be treated at the first sign. raw feeling in the mouth- keep a solution of baking soda & water in a jar in the refrig.. rinse often. etc.. ""Just IN Case"".. because those side effects will happen in the middle of the night, during holidays and other inconvenient times..

If they say pain happens 2 days after chemo, get pain meds ahead of time and take them when you feel that pain is more than "uncomfortable". It's important to stay ahead/ on top of the pain... And have the cancer care 24 hour a day phone number on speed dial. I guarantee you will use it.

Treatments have improved by leaps and bounds, so you have a great chance of beating this type of cancer.. Yes it is a shock and we have all cried our share of tears and still do, but my lovely daughter is still here and fighting the good fight. No new tumors have been found since her original diagnosis...3 years ago.. she skipped one mammogram, and so it had started and spread in that lapse of testing.

Hugs and prayers for your quick treatment and remission..
    Last edited by Granny Judy; February 23rd, 2019 at 12:06 AM.

The Guild President

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for you and your family ...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending prayers for you and your family...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

6. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear this Carol. A lot of progress has been made over the years with breast cancer. Several of my relatives have gone through it and have done very well. One branch of the family tree went on to start the organization Breast Intentions and I believe they have branched out to another state. They are in New Jersey.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

8. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, so sorry to hear this. Your forum friends will be here to encourage you and pray for you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

10. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Carol,
    This news is so scary to hear. It is okay to be numb, dazed and scared. Please know that there is so much that can be done. Your oncologist will offer you many option, and will search for more. It is a journey I am sorry you have to make, but it is a journey of great hope. You are in my thoughts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and hugs for you and your family as you travel this road.

13. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, hugs and prayers.

15. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

That news is so terrible. I’m sure you are just trying to process your “what do I do next” thoughts. You will be in my prayers . I hope you have someone who can walk with you during this tough time. Stay positive! Gretchen

17. Thanks Carol336 thanked for this post