Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Appreciate M* care with packing!

Well, my order arrived! I can not thank M* enough for the care they take when packaging our orders. Now I can not say much for the incompetent postal delivery person here. After all the snow and ice we have had here lately we are lucky to have a perfectly clean front porch and about 2/3 of it is completely dry. One smallish portion has a slight puddle because the shrubs nearby have been dripping as the snow is melting. My package was neatly nestled part way under the bush in the puddle with the branches dripping onto the box. Thankfully the box and the invoice were the only things wet or soaked.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Appreciate M* care with packing!

Did you call and complain about the postal delivery person? I would.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

3. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know why you're thankful to M*, but I'd be furious with the postal worker. I'd be heading to the post office to have a talk with the post master.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If your postal workers are anything like ours.......complaining, talking to supervisors, people from way up the chain of command, filling out forms, etc. ...... has done NOTHING! All the damage, loss and late, continue. I mean Tuesday I had a package delivered at 8 pm. The mail was later......no idea when, cause I was in bed. Found it in the am, next day......I will pay extra if UPS or anything else is offered!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Our mail people are private citizens who bid on the routes, not even real USPS personnel. My wonderful delivery woman recently retired and we now have a young guy. We have some kinks to work out with him. It's a crap shoot however you get your mail.

A few years ago an order of fabric ($100+) was left hanging from the flag on our mailbox in a WalMart bag. Our mailbox happens to be at the end of our road. Anyone driving past the mailboxes could have snatched it. Don't you know Miss Barb had a chat with the postmaster that day! It has never happened again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is really poor service delivery by USPS. I know here there can be contractors for Canada Post, but I believe they must maintain the standard of quality.

As an aside, I placed 2 orders from M*, on Feb 11 & 14. The 1st one was sent FedEx and I got it in 8 days. The 2nd one left 6 days later, but it looks like it is coming USPS. Given that my orders need to clear customs, I was impressed with receipt of 1st order. The other one will get here eventually, probably next week.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

I don't work for any postal service but I'm going to stick my neck out with a guess as to why it was left beneath a bush. Chances are it may have to do with the number of thefts of packages being left out at people's front doors. The carrier probably thought your package would be safer out of street view by slipping it under the bushes.
    Again, this is just a guess. There have been an increasing number of thefts like these in my part of the world since before Christmas. We now opt for postal delivery whenever we can and no longer have packages delivered to our door unless we are required to sign for them. We request delivery to the nearest post office and pick them up there.

9. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll chime in on this one to. My first thought was he put it in the bushes because of the bad wind we are having and didn't want it to blow away. Be nice if they had some sort of wrap but then again it's another expense. I watch my tracking number to see when it's at my local post office and then know to watch for it. I do have to say my postal carrier is pretty good. I live on a hill and if he can't get up the drive with his truck he actually walks the package up to my front door, in the snow, on icy driveway. That's what I call service.

11. Thanks MSN thanked for this post