Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Itís Wednesday and Hump Day!

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone is safe.....another winter storm coming through.......this is getting old.....very old.....where are you spring? Iím a tryin to be patient.......yeah right!

Managed to work in my sewing room yesterday, only to discover I didnít cut enough to make the right amount of blocks. Had to pull out all the fabric I put away (silly me.....that should teach me......but probably wonít.....Iím such a goof!). So thatís on the agenda today.....as long as the power stays on and I donít have to go out and do something to the ice.....

So happy Monique is on her way home.....I sure have missed her.....sheís sunshine when there isnít any!

Hope everyone has a wonderfu day.....we are so blessed! Love and hugs to all and prayers for those struggling and hurting.

Attachment 157762

2. Thanks PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Itís Wednesday and Hump Day!

Good morning. Waiting for the storm to reach us. I have to go into Philly for a doctor’s appt. this morn. I should make it back home and before it starts snowing . I did a lot of decluttering yesterday. I am looking for some photos. Hopefully they will turn up. So I did not do any sewing yesterday. I should be able to get some done today.

Stay warm and safe
    Beth

4. Thanks PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Sunny and really cold -20celsius. We might get a bit of snow overnight. STORMS. Every time an inch of snow is expected, weather people are so dramatic -- they call it The Next Big One. Most of time, nothing. This is regular winter in Canada. We get snow and cold. We are equipped for it. We have snow tires. We stock up on food. We have BBQs if power goes out. The schools have only been closed 1 day this winter. Now the school buses may not run, but parents get their kids to school, or use it as an excuse to stay home. It's everyone south of the border where these storms get dangerous, as it's not common.

Yesterday, I met Dorothy and we planned our meal and things to bring for our retreat. We are doing Hawaiian meatballs, rice dish and grilled vegetables. I want to surprise my friend and decorate the dining room with themed decor, maybe some fruity drinks. I will search for pineapple desserts. Any input on meal item is welcome.

I FMQed the elephants for DH's baby quilt for GS, while cleaning lady did her thing. I also quilted the top of another VQC. I hope to attach binding later today. That's 2 to bring to retreat to sew by hand. I have another sandwiched and hope to quilt that one before I go. My daughter keeps asking about my GS curtains. I guess I should shorten them now, and do the new bag of mending.

DH went to his class last night and I got my hair cut. I also picked up chocolates at the mall for next week.

This morning we are driving to LQS an hour away. I get a free metre of fabric every month, but also will check on progress of quilt I dropped off for her to quilt.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry and be safe if you are getting snow and freezing rain.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks PamelaOry, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Very cold this a.m., but not like Canada & other parts. We're at 10 deg. F. It might get up to freezing today. It briefly made it up to 30 yest. We had flurries much of the day with one sun break.

Ewwww! More skunk odor last night. It woke me up at 1 a.m. I smelled it off & on the rest of the night.

My L. hand was bothering me more yest., so I iced it & took it easy the rest of the day. I think peeling & coring all those apples aggravated it.

Today is Bible study; we're having a sack lunch fellowship after class. Then I need to make stops at the bank & Walmart for a few groc. & an Rx.

Time to fix DH's breakfast. Have a good Hump Day.

8. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...We got hit by another storm yesterday that left us with a little snow on top of the ice. Then it rained and a lot of the ice melted. Good thing, as I have a lunch date today with a GF.

I'm doing some torture sewing this morning...sewing parallelograms. It's not the sewing that's an issue, it's the measuring and cutting that messes with my brain. I have two of eight done. Living on the wild side today...lol! I found an interesting pattern for a large star with a different sort of technique and I'm giving it a try with scraps from my stash.

Joy, peeling anything is really hard on your wrist...be careful, dear friend.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. If you are getting the storm again, keep the faith and stay warm. Be careful, very careful, on the ice. Love & Hugs...
    Last edited by Bubby; February 20th, 2019 at 11:10 AM.

10. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We got Bubby's snow and ice overnight, but I am content to stay in today. I cut out a backpack yesterday with dozens of little pieces. It is a quilted backpack with Soft N Stable between layers. I put the layers on my longarm and quilted it up in about 20 minutes! First time trying that! Went grocery shopping, delivered some stuff, got my oil changed and my very crusty car washed! So I don't need to go anywhere! Going to the sewing room to work on my backpack project! Waiting for the snow to melt and streets to dry out so I can have a clean car for more than 24 hours! Hope all east of us are safe and warm!

12. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick Good Morning as cleaning gals will be here early this morning. Need to contact my sister Patti to find out if there was any news about our cousin Frank who lives in VA. He wasn't feeling well the other day, went to ER and he has 7 blocked arteries. He's our long lost cousin that we've reconnected with a few years ago. Greedy family members divided our families over 50 years ago but we're glad to get to know him and his family. Get this, his wife is a quilter so we know they're good folks.

Great Grandson James is 3 today. No big family party this year as he's in Holland. Mom, Dad and his baby brother Drew will celebrate with him on a weekend trip to Brussels. So glad DGD and her DH are taking advantage of his work assignment in Holland and are traveling in Europe, so far they have been to Switzerland and Germany.

14. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Happy Wednesday. It's a chilly one. Expecting the snow to start around 1 I think. Overnight it will turn to rain they say and wash it all away. Hubby has a meeting to go to at 11 but should be home before it starts.

Yesterday we got a lot of errands done so today it's a "do what I want" type of day. And that will include sewing room time. Then maybe we will watch a movie this afternoon after the hubs gets home and the snow starts. I can work on my Farmer's Wife blocks then since they are hand sewn. A perfect winter afternoon.

Have a good day all. Stay safe and warm. Spring will be here when it should.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

16. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I had no idea who was bringing J this morning for home school. At 6:45 AM, I found out he was on the way. It was a mad dash to dress and get coffee on before he arrived. I was eating a pop tart and Nana packed him a delicious breakfast. So we ate, and started working well before 7:30. We got a lot done before he went back to Nana's house for lunch.

I pulled out the fabric for Nana's Christmas quilt and after everyone trying to sneak back there to figure out what colors would look good. J volunteered that their bedroom is a pale gray, kind of like my great room. Then he told me as we looked through all of the squares, "It's going to be a beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful quilt."

I called the SSA, to find out if I had to take the form for having income tax taken out of my widow's benefit out to them. The lady was so nice, lol, 'oh no honey, you can just mail it. We'll take care of it for you.' Can you say, jumping for joy! I was just about giddy. She gave me the address and I wished her a good day. Guess how fast I grabbed an envelope! It's in the mail box, all ready to go!

I guess since the sun is trying to shine and there isn't any rain in the forecast, I should get the running around done today so I can work on Nana's quilt tonight and tomorrow... after J leaves for the day. Next question, will he be here in the AM, or PM after Bible School. Hmmmmmmm, I guess I'll find out, tomorrow.

Prayers for those in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

ďNothing can dim the light which shines from within.Ē
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cloudy but tolerable cold. I am so over winter. But being in Georgia the old saying is.. If you don't like the weather just wait a minute or two. Okay, we're passed the time frame...where is spring? Made great progress with the spinning rails quilt. Maybe will get it done by the weekend.

Glad to see Monique is probably home by now. She sure was missed. Maybe she brought us a present? LOL!

Stay safe, stay warm, be good to each other. Give thanks for all our many blessings.

Gina

20. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post