Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its Tuesday.....and were movin right along.....

Good morning all!

We had beautiful sunshine yesterday despite cold temps. Loved it! Finally got all the packed snow off and the sun dried the concrete up. Yippee! Less chance of slipping. This am its 5 and were to make it into the 20s. More white stuff tomorrow. Wonder if that ground hog was wrong.....spring seems far away.

My moon orchid is about to bloom, so who knows! Shes real purty when she blooms.....

Made the Zuppa Tuscana soup recipe posted here some tome ago.....deeeelicious! Yum, and DH was happy there was enough to freeze 3 quarts.....for another cold day.

Hope everyone is doing well, Hope today finds you healthy, happy, warm and safe! Love and hugs to all!

Attachment 157700

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Its Tuesday.....and were movin right along.....

Good Morning Anita and all who follow,

I'm on a hexie roll. That's about all I did yesterday. I'm down to less than 30 flowers to make to finish up this batch... the LAST batch for this quilt. Then the fruit basket toss mixing up what's in the shoe box and adding them to the quilt. I was hoping to have this when it's really cold so I could cover up with it, but it looks like I've missed that window.

Family dinner went over yesterday... there was nothing left of a three pound meatloaf, honey roasted corn, 2 pounds of green beans, and riced cauliflower. Amazing, what on earth am I going to serve these kids when they're teens?

The little kids will be here today and they're calling for storms this afternoon. I was planning to go to the SSI office to turn in the paperwork for increasing the tax withdrawal on my widow's benefit. That can wait. I think we'll stick closer to home for our errands today. I need to make a trip to the meat market, grocery store, and the bank. If the weather's bad the nuts are out in double force, so all of that might wait until it's better weather, I guess it's a just depends kind of day.

Have a great day everyone.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.

Another sunny but colder day. The days are so filled lately, I feel like I'm running out of time to prepare for next week's retreat. I'm meeting with my friend Dorothy this morning, to go over the lists of items to bring and divide up the tasks for the meal we have to prepare. We're making the last dinner. We are 12 ladies, and paired so we prepare only one meal in 5 days.

Later today I'm getting a haircut and colour, and the cleaning lady will be here this aft. I quilt when she's here. I have 3 quilts sandwiched ready to quilt simply. I also have another to handsew binding. Depending on their progress I may bring the handsewing to the retreat. These are VQC quilts.

We also committed to hosting a wine and cheese on Saturday, so I need to firm up this menu as well. What was I thinking picking this date? Oh well, it's good friends, as long as there's good wine, good times will be shared.

Joy- I think the Anrique lace pattern would make lovely table toppers and baby quilts, and good sellers. I love big blocks for this. I can see you are counting the days to get sewing. Glad you are recovering well.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe in your travels. Looking forward to hearing from Monique.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; February 19th, 2019 at 09:48 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a chilly one today. We are expecting some messy weather tomorrow so I think today we will do our running around. I did get to spend a bunch of time in my sewing room yesterday working on those messy, fuzzy blankets. They are made with shaggy shannon fabric. I've got most of the messy part done with -- the cutting of the fabric. I hope to finish them up over the next couple days and move on to something else. I think I would rather make them with regular minky cuddle. It's messy but not as messy and would still give that nice, soft, cuddly feel.

Not much else new here. I am trying to keep hubby busy. I don't want him to feel bored being home but also don't want to just keep him busy with my "to do" list.

Anita, I've never had luck with orchids. I've never heard of a moon orchid. Katrina, that sounds like one delicious dinner. Not surprising it all got eaten up. Suzanne, a wine and cheese party. Sounds like a lot of fun. What time should I be there?

Well, the washer just stopped so it's time to move the clothes to the dryer. Then off we go to do our errands. I need to head over to my sister's and bring in her mail, start the car, etc.

Have a good day all. Keep warm and safe.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

8. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ginny......this is my Moon Orchid last year when it bloomed:

Attachment 157704

I Dont think this year will be as nice....I only see I stem with blooms, (I never know, another could come along) not like the year above, I had 2 stems.
    Last edited by Star lover; February 19th, 2019 at 01:45 PM.

10. Thanks MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Ginny......this is my Moon Orchid last year when it bloomed:

Attachment 157704

I Don’t think this year will be as nice....I only see I stem with blooms, (I never know, another could come along) not like the year above, I had 2 stems.
    Very pretty! I love orchids and have two plants in bloom right now a miniature white one and a deep purple phalenopsis (sp?) With 7 open flowers on it. My other orchid has 8 buds but will be a while before they open. I've had them all about 4 years and they bloom twice a year. Who thought I'd have done so well with them.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I took a friend to her doctor appointment today. I am currently waiting on the long-arm quilter to pick up the auction quilt and fabric to put a sleeve on the quilt. We had debated about doing it before the auction and decided it would be best to wait and see if that is what the buyer wanted.

I have meeting at 1pm. And my 6:30 meeting at the Chamber was cancelled due to the storm that we are suppose to get which is suppose to start about the same time the meeting was. The Chamber is starting something new called "From Maker to Made". I though that I would go check it out.

Since the meeting has been cancelled, maybe I can get some sewing done. I did get the BOM blocks done for February yesterday.

Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone

14. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm just now finding time to sit down & post. I have put on apples to cook up for sauce.

Yest. the fluorescent ceiling light in the fam. rm. went kaput. DH tried 2 new tubes, but that didn't fix it. He no longer is able to trouble shoot & do these minor repairs, so I called the electrician. We have an appt. for next Tues. That light is right over my cutting table. I suspect it might need a new ballast. At least I'm not needing to cut fabric right now. Last year, our light in the bathroom did the same thing. It needed a new ballast. DH installed all these fluorescent lights probably 40 yrs. ago, so they're wearing out.

We had another light dusting of snow this a.m. Not enough to even measure. It was 16 deg. Temps. should be moderating the rest of the week. My step-son sent us pics of their place in rural N. ID; now they have a lot of snow! I don't miss those winters at all. I grew up in Mich. Long winters there. Give me Colo. any day.

I did more work on the taxes done yest., so I am making progress. I hope to finish them in the next week, so I'll be ready to sew.

Does anyone know when Monique is supposed to be back?

16. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday afternoon here & gloomy, rainy weather is what we're having for the next several days. Was trying to finish a spinning rail quilt for son's co-worker but the clouds made sewing difficult. So, with no productive day looming I'll just grab some laundry & get that started. Yippee! And no, still no progress on the clean up.

Stay dry, stay warm be good to each other. Thank heaven for all our blessings.

Gina

18. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning / afternoon All.
    Not much new here. I’m down to putting on the embellishments for my wall hanging, I don’t like working this close to a deadline. I’m one wo prefers to get my projects done with plenty of time.
    It’s starting to feel like spring here with beautiful sun breaks and the birds starting to flit from nest to nest in the backyard. I’m ready! We had our seasonal “almost snow” so we can now satisfactorily leave winter behind.
    Pam

20. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post