• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Happy Sunday

Good Morning All,

It's kind of a gloomy start here this morning. The weather man is saying it's going to be warm, but the front is north of us, so no precipitation. lol, calling for a record high?

I worked on the quilt top yesterday. I got it sandwiched, quilted and realized I just don't see far enough from the needle in any direction to do much of a straightish stitch anymore, especially across larger blocks. That's alright, though. I love piecing and I'll just have to have the quilting done, especially on quilts that are going to be gifted to someone. Hopefully today, I'll get the binding made and on. There are a lot of movies on TMC that I want to watch today!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Happy Sunday

It's another sunny but cold day here. It will be good for driving out of town. We will need to be careful on our return trip as the sun will melt snow and the roads may get covered with thin ice. We are going to a wake today, but we plan to go to a large quilt store to check on their price of batting by the roll. When I had a business license I used to order from them. Now they are just retail, but wholesale prices.

Yesterday I baked dozens of ginger orange cookies. I visited mom, and think she is probably on the mend although she still feels awful. I made her a chicken noodle soup, which is always a good comfort food. We went to his son's apt and fixed (aka cleaned) the grungy bathroom fan that stopped working. Then I got gas, wine and had my nails done. I also booked a hair appt for next week.

No quilting today, but Monday for sure. It's Family Day in many provinces. Happy Presidents' Day to American forum friends.

Be safe in the roads. There's a lot of unusual weather conditions that make for white-knuckle driving, especially in states where people are not prepared. Stay warm. Stay dry.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• BethB
      The Guild President
      • Oct 2014

Today is sunny but chilly -- about 15 degrees. The weatherman says we are supposed to be getting snow changing to freezing rain and then rain tonight. We'll see. Wednesday I am supposed to have a hair appt (haven't been there since Dec 5 b/c of the MOHS surgery I had Dec 10 on the top of my head --- they wanted to make sure it was pretty well healed before putting chemicals on). But the weatherman predicts snow then also and I don't drive in the snow unless I am caught in it. Guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.

Just have the top and bottom borders to put on the challenge quilt for my quilt guild. I used the Love Notes pattern and not sure how I am going to quilt it yet. I will have to ponder this for now as it doesn't have to be done until May.

My sister is having some kind of peel done to her face on Tuesday and won't able to be in sunlight at all for 3 days after. She loves chocolate and cake so I am going to make her some cupcakes to enjoy. I thought I would make a couple of different icings --- she LOVES icing also.

I was at my endocrinologist appt on Thursday. I am scheduled for a sestamibi scan on Feb 25. That has me a little freaked out after talking to them and reading about it on the internet --- I know, you should not do that.

Have a wonderful day everyone!! Happy Family Day, Suzanne. Happy President's Day tomorrow everyone!!

Nancy

Comment

• grammaterry
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2015

What is a sestamibi scan? I know any procedure is scary. We will be there in our hearts and prayers.
        Yesterday I cut the pieces for my copy of OldManQuilts show quilt. I am in the air on whether to use red for the corners or maybe teal might be pretty. I will sew today. It is raining and we are sup[ose to get 7 inches. Muddy already. The fronts are messing with my balance and I really don't do very well when that happens.
        Its dark and gloomy. DH must be stiff this morning from all the wood splitting he did yesterday. HE really worked too hard.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone...I think we are all a little hung over from the Girls' party yesterday. Jeff and I had a ball...we couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. The Girls were perfect and enjoyed it to the max. They have no idea how loved and spoiled they are. Dottie was the star...at one point she sat up and sang (like the star she knows she is). She looked really cute in her unicorn headband. It was a hoot!

Last night we got ice on top of the inch of ice we already had. We are SO ready for Spring.

Suzanne, be careful out there on the ice. Driving on that stuff scares the bejeebers out of me.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday....with hugs...
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• baslp
            The Guild President
            • Sep 2012

Good morning. It’s 30 degrees now and we are suppose to get rain and sleet over night. I sew some on the borders of my quilt. I have to drive up to the sewing store to buy some more fabric. I did not read the pattern correctly. I miss having quilt shops near by.

Katrina— I was thinking about refrigerators after hearing about your son’s situation. Our ADD kids would leave the door open. I finally had it and bought one that beeped if the door was left open. It changed my life.

Barb— you guys had some party for the girls!! I have 3 scrapbooks dedicated to our animals.

Have a good day.
            Beth

Comment

• JulieC
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2016

Good morning! It's a little chilly here, about 27 degrees. The sun peeked through for a bit, but the forecast is for snow this afternoon. I can feel a headache coming on, I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a migraine...I have to go grocery shopping later.

I blame the headache on doing the taxes, which I finished yesterday. Mom's were a breeze; I am disappointed my federal refund is 70% less than last year. I am telling myself to be grateful I didn't end up owing instead. A lot of people who never owed before had to pay this year. My printer ran out of yellow ink and refused to print my city taxes, even after I selected the "black and white" option. I will need to run up to Office Max on my way to the grocery store, it is cheaper to buy the ink there than on Amazon.

I'm looking forward to getting the Monster out and spending some time in the sewing room this morning. I need to sew a couple of samples of an edge to edge design. Then I can sandwich the wallhanging I'm working on and start quilting it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Comment

• KarenC
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. Nancy, I had never heard of a sestamibi scan before. I needed to google it to find out what it was and what it was for. Praying for the best for you.

Our weather today is misty rain and dreary. Supposedly the sun should come out this afternoon. We'll see. So yesterday was spent discarding fabric choices for the commissions quilts I need to make. All new fabric just purchased for these quilts, but they really don't go with the others. Now I have 9 yards of new fabrics, and I'm going with it. So now I am into starching and ironing so I can start cutting. Will probably run to J's later today for a 60mm rotary blade, since I have a 60% off coupon, and drop by DD's to drop off GD's jacket which was left here last weekend.

That's it for me. Hope you all have a wonderful day and week ahead.
                Karen
                Spring, TX

Comment

• Ginny B
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Good morning all. It's nice and sunny here so far but I guess we will be getting some sort of wet mess starting tonight into tomorrow. We had a very productive day yesterday and I told hubby that we are going to have to get out of the mindset that we need to get everything done on the weekends now that he will be home all the time. We can spread things out now. We actually did have a nice relaxing afternoon. Sat down and read for a bit and dh read and then took a little snooze. We actually threw some hotdogs on the grill for dinner since the the ice finally melted off the patio. We had the hot dogs in honor of pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training. Woo Hoo! Baseball is on the horizon.

Not sure what today will bring. I think maybe we will go through some clothes and household stuff and get it ready for a pickup from Tuesday's Child later this week. I think I have a small bag of books that I can put in there too. Other than that, nothing in particular planned.

Julie, I hope your headache doesn't get any worse. Yes, maybe doing the taxes did it. We haven't gotten ours done yet but will very soon. I expect our refund will be less too. But since we had more in our paychecks all year, I figure I'm happy with whatever we get back and glad that I got to have the money and not let the Federal Govt. have it all year earning them interest somewhere.
                  Barb, sounds like a fun party. I am glad Dottie got into the party mode too. Suzanne, be careful driving back this evening and enjoy your stop at the lqs. Katrina, we love watching the older movies but realized that when we downsized our cable package a couple months ago, we lost TCM. Now I am trying to find a streaming service that might provide it as well as other channels that we like and then, if such a service exists, we may downsize another step with our cable provider and just get the basic package. We do still get ACM but liked the other station better.

Nancy, I had never heard of a sestamibi scan either and had to look it up. Good luck with it. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Be safe and warm everyone. Lots of rain/snow/sleet/ice all around the continent right now. Enjoy your Sunday all.
                  Ginny B
                  Levittown, NY

Comment

• PamelaOry
                    Applique Angel
                    • Jan 2019

Good Morning All.

I finally got the quilting on my barn wall hanging done! My creativity and imagination are far more advanced than my quilting skills so we had to settle on really simple quilting but it’s done, thankfully. Now to finish the binding and add a few embellishments.

It stopped raining here for a minute, we’ll see how long it lasts, our backyard is a lake. The rain is the price we pay for all the green we get to live with here in Oregon. I’d say it’s a good trade off.

I need to start our taxes. After hearing about everyone else’s experiences, I’m dreading it. Today I will gather all the papers in one place and maybe help my son do his, that will be a way to ease into it.

Happy Family Day!
                    Pam

Comment

• JCY
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2013

Afternoon Greetings, Everyone ~ I'm late again today. There just was no time this a.m. with DH's medical procedure, getting ready for church, etc. I made a quick stop at the groc. store on the way home to get ground turkey. I need to mix up my turkey patties tomorrow.

This a.m. we had 20 & frost; now we have bright sunshine & 40 deg., but they're predicting snow tonight into tomorrow with bitter cold temps. The wind chill out there today was rather brisk.

I debated over the DD today. I have some other Summer Breeze fabrics. The charm squares make for easier sewing. The day's not over, but I probably better stick to using from my stash.

Terry ~ Donna Jordan made either a quilt or a table runner using blacks/grays with turquoise as the accent color. They looked great together. Go for it.

I'll have to look up that sestamibi scan; never heard of it. I hope it goes well.

Enjoy the President's Day week end.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2013

Good afternoon!

Nancy, prayers for your procedure.

We are once again covered in white. On Friday morning when I woke up and looked out the living room window, I had to do a double take as I was trying to figure out what the big round pile of brown was on the ground. It was dirt. Something that has not been seen for a while. And it was only seen for a very short time as snow came in on Friday morning. Then we received more last night (think we had about 4 inches last night) so everything is white again. A friend of mine was running in it last night as it was snowing, her pictures look like she was in a big snow globe.

Yesterday was fun at the college basketball game with two of the children. The boys basketball team make it look easy and are having so much fun on the court. They are currently 25-0 this season. The unfun part was coming down with a migraine because of the weather system coming in. I fixed tomato soup and sandwiches for supper. After we ate, I tried to cut fabric but my migraine had became so bad that I just gave up. Little one and I went to bed for the night.

Today we fixed homemade lasagna for lunch. I am planning on spending a little time cutting fabric and maybe working on BOM project.

Have a safe Sunday everyone

Comment

Working...
                        X