• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubba
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

I took the first step.....

and bought stabilizer, needles and threads to attempt to conquer machine embroidery on Nipsy soon!

Yesterday, we figured out buttonholes. Of all the machines I have owned, this one is the slickest for doing them.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!
  • Caroline T.
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2016

Re: I took the first step.....

What, you couldn't wait for Sew Expo to shop? I was hoping to be your enabler this time. LOL

Comment

• bubba
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
      What, you couldn't wait for Sew Expo to shop? I was hoping to be your enabler this time. LOL
      I was trying to!!! I figured I could get it figured out, and if I enjoy it, I can pick up lots of it at Sew Expo!!!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Pat, there is definitely a bit of a learning curve to machine embroidery but it's not hard at all. Some of my favorite sites for designs are Urban Threads, Sweet Pea Designs and OESD. Embroidery Library is also a good source.

Enjoy your new adventure!!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• whippetmom
          Batting Beauty
          • Apr 2014

I am so happy you love your new machine, Bernina I had always heard was the best. Until I bought one and used it I did not understand why everyone said that. NOW I DO!!! The buttonholes there is so much you can do, and I love the sewing on the buttons by machine too, my Babylock just does not do it like the Bernina, I only use the Bernina now for everything. I have had mine for 1 1/2 years and I am still learning new things that it can do, it is fun. They also do put out new updates for machines on their site, so check them out, you end up with even more new things you can do .

Comment

• Granny Fran
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2014

Continue to use Nipsy in good health!
            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
            Aesop

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

If you ever find an OESD or Jenny Haskins or RNK seminar near you, they are great information seminars. They are also glorified sales pitches, but you can get great deals on stabilizers, patterns and thread and accessories for machine embroidering. Plus you get to make samples and take home stuff! I went to three different ones, just to learn more about stabilizers! There are so many different types for different applications! Usually a multiday event, you share machines, and they feed you! I enjoyed every one I've attended.

Comment

• MSN
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                Pat, there is definitely a bit of a learning curve to machine embroidery but it's not hard at all. Some of my favorite sites for designs are Urban Threads, Sweet Pea Designs and OESD. Embroidery Library is also a good source.

Enjoy your new adventure!!
                I also like Kreative Kiwi. As a relative newbie to machine embroidery, I really struggled because I had no one to teach me. Someone here on the forum mentioned this site. They have some cute free designs, and others that I have found to be reasonably priced. Plus, some good stitch-along videos. I tackled an in-the-hoop design, and it turned out great.

Comment

• bajasadie
                  Designer Diva
                  • Mar 2014

i am brand new at embroidery on my machine, in fact i took the class two and a half months ago... i already need to re-take the class! i forgot what i learned but i sure liked doing it when i was in the class. i want to use it to put labels on my quilts.

Comment

• Rhonda K
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2017

You will have a blast with EMB. So many fun projects that it can be hard to decide. Love I T H (in the hoop) ones that stitch the zipper right in for you. Have fun deciding!

Lovestitching button holes and sewing buttons on with the machine. Easy and quick once you learn the technique.
                    Just one more stitch...

Comment

Working...
                    X