Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What became from my Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks...

I love what you did to put them together in a quilt! I know two ladies who were on the forum and came to our first forum retreat who were working on blocks. That is quite an undertaking, doing any of those quilt with tiny pieces for blocks! I applaud anyone who attempts it! The 365 day quilt is similar! Our friend Klasien did finish hers and brought it to my house to quilt it! Hers was just lovely! Good to see you again!

2. Thanks Lenie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to come and visit and cuddle under that in that sunny space! Beautiful quilt.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

4. Thanks Lenie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am one of those women that Jean mentioned. I proudly showed off a box of tiny blocks, promptly brought them home, and stashed them on a shelf. I was energetically making two of each block, one in original 30’s fabrics and feedsack scraps and one in more modern fabrics. Yes, I was not making one but two different quilt tops!! I guess this is the nudge I need to open that box and figure out which blocks I have yet to piece. I really enjoyed making them, but lost my mojo. Time to see if I can get it done!!!

6. Thanks Lenie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that was absolutely beautiful, Klasiens quilt. I've seen it! I knew the two of you met, and that you quilted that for her on your long arm. So much fun for Klasien, to meet you and quilt together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    I love what you did to put them together in a quilt! I know two ladies who were on the forum and came to our first forum retreat who were working on blocks. That is quite an undertaking, doing any of those quilt with tiny pieces for blocks! I applaud anyone who attempts it! The 365 day quilt is similar! Our friend Klasien did finish hers and brought it to my house to quilt it! Hers was just lovely! Good to see you again!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MHG Winnower View Post
    I'd like to come and visit and cuddle under that in that sunny space! Beautiful quilt.
    Your Always welcome, I'd gladly share it with you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

SuzyQue, I remember you, making two different versions of the Farmer's Wife! I sure hope you open the box, and find back your mojo. That would make two beautiful quilts!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQue View Post
    I am one of those women that Jean mentioned. I proudly showed off a box of tiny blocks, promptly brought them home, and stashed them on a shelf. I was energetically making two of each block, one in original 30’s fabrics and feedsack scraps and one in more modern fabrics. Yes, I was not making one but two different quilt tops!! I guess this is the nudge I need to open that box and figure out which blocks I have yet to piece. I really enjoyed making them, but lost my mojo. Time to see if I can get it done!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This played out magnificently! Beautiful finish!
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/