• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Wednesday.....yup! And Hump Day!

Good morning to y’all!

Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 09:21 AM.
  • shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: Wednesday.....yup! And Hump Day!

Morning, Anita....

Nasty weather here in Vermont. Halona is very disappointed there is school today and technically, I would rather not get out in the mess.
    I had two interviews yesterday, I hope I get good news from one of the companies before the end of this week! And, I hope to sew today.
    Everyone stay safe and many wishes for spring to get here soon!!!!!!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• LauraP
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2015

896da6ce7d3692786cf1bcf3d0b3e234--summer-beach-beach-bum.jpg

Love from the desert where it snowed on the cactus the other day, till the sun came out
      sigpic

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning Everyone.

It's raining here and I had to drag myself out of bed, J will be here for home school soon.

I worked on a quilt top yesterday. Now to take it and get border fabrics and figure out backing. I'll take it with us today when Mike takes me to the eye dr. It's an old layer cake, so I'm crossing my fingers I'll find something that will blend.

I was thrilled yesterday, (this isn't going to come out sounding right), I got my first package from FedEx Surepost that wasn't ripped apart or torn, a step in the right direction. I was thrilled to get it, because it's fabric for the Nana and Nandy. I can't believe nobody in their family doesn't know what color their bedroom is. Even the grandson that goes there every Friday night doesn't know. So, I'm going out on a limb, and doing the Mayfield Indigo line in the Garden Star pattern.

Prayers for those in need, there are so many. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Oh, Anita ~ how well I remember that bad weather. We had a very bad ice storm when I lived in Walla Walla, WA. We (boys & I -- I was widowed at the time) -- were in a rental house; there was a huge old maple tree in the back yard. I listened to that crackling all through the night, expecting the worst. The power went out. Our heat was electric. My dad ventured out on the icy streets to come get me & the 2 boys to take us to their house. We warmed ourselves by their fireplace, popped pop corn in that old fashioned popper over the flames, & stayed cozy.

Yest. our weather was 56 & sunny; it may reach 60 today. I have Bible Study this a.m., after which I need to run errands. Tomorrow will be chicken soup day, so I need groc.

Our guild mtg. was last night at the new location. In the dark, with heavy traffic & car lights, I missed the turn-off, so had to drive further then find a spot to turn around & come back. We actually met in the church sanctuary, rather than a large fellowship hall. It was our 13th anniv. so we had cake at the break. I left a few min. early to beat the traffic in the parking lot.

No more time now.

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning. It's a sunny morning here today. Yesterday sure was messy out there. Not a lot of snow, but ice and sleet on top of the snow we did get. I did have to go over to watch Tessa while Kathryn went and picked H up from school. Everyone was being sensible and driving cautiously. Did see one accident right by where I live. Ironically, it looked like it involved a sanding truck.

I did get to spend some time in my sewing room. I worked on 2 of the 5 blankets I am making for my dh's nieces kids. I had made a blanket for Kathryn's shower with some real fuzzy fabric and embrace gauze fabric . It came out great but it was a pain to make. Of course, Kat's cousins saw it and the three of them wanted one for each of their kids. I told them I would do them but not until after the holidays and my family's visit in January. So here I am at that point. Can't wait to be done with them. So messy when you cut the cuddle fabric. I think I would rather make these with the minky fabric in the future. That's messy too but not as bad as the stuff I am using now. I also need to make Tessa her set of stuffed blocks. I make them for each new grandbaby with the their names spelled out. I also have some things to make for clients of my son Tim. They are having a baby girl soon and he would like to give them a receiving blanket, some burp cloths and some of the stuffed blocks. Of course, I will need to wait until after the baby is born to make the blocks to find out her name. And there is the log cabin quilt for the guest bedroom that I have the material for but haven't yet started. I also have plans running through my head for a new quilt for our bedroom too.

Stay safe and warm everyone. Watch out for the ice.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

The main plan today is to clear the snow. The city has basically shut down. Schools, daycare, many businesses are closed. Govt has urged employees to work from home if possible, and to stay off the roads. We got over 12" of snow and it's still falling in parts of the city. The sun is peeking out, so there is hope. We were fortunate that we didn't get the rain that southern Ontario received. There is still at least 6-8" of ice build up on side streets from before the storm.

Not only is Canada & mainland US getting snow, we saw that low-lying areas of Maui got snow, which is unheard of. Wow! I think this is Mother Nature and Old Man Winter having a battle of sexes. Be careful if you go out to shovel. This is a time where many have heart attacks, slip and fall, break bones.

Yesterday I went to my GF. A guild friend gave me 6 tops for VQC. Some need borders to be the required size. So we dug through her VQC stash and matched up fabrics to quilts. I have the battings and flannel backs to finish them. Of course, as we are looking throught the piles, I started colour coordinating them, and by style. So now all organized. Then she showed me the latest give to VQC. It's 12+ large bins of fabrics. We will sort through these at another time, but all fabrics need to be washed. They have a faint smell of farmland. Sometime, the fabric smells of wood stove burning. Oh well these will be beautiful, no smell when we get them done.

After lunch, I brought my daughter and grand-daughter shopping for clothes. She registered for school yesterday. It was fun. She has great style and loves clothes, so it was not difficult to soon have piles of clothes. Most of them were price slashed 40-70% as the entire chain of stores is closing. We looked for pants for her brothers and only found 2 prs. Boys at that age wear out their pants, and difficult to find. We stopped and had smoothies. Next time, will be for shoes. And boy this girl loves her shoes, and again a style fashionista. So much fun.

Good well wishes for those having health issues. I know it's difficult during these times to stay positive, but remember the forum is a great place for support. Hugs.

I'm not sure when Monique is back but if today, the airport is closed. Stay warm, stay dry. Be safe. Ohhh, it's starting to snow again.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• baslp
                The Guild President
                • Sep 2012

Good morning all. Sunny here buy very blustery. Yesterday I was able to work on my quilt. I did go to the store for a few things and it was not very busy. I decided to try a new dish for dinner. This afternoon I have to go for my annual exam. Basically I just need a script for my mammogram. I have to go out tonight for a seminar to get continuing education credits. I am glad that it is close by.
                Have a good day!

Beth

Comment

• PamelaOry
                  Applique Angel
                  • Jan 2019

Good morning /afternoon All.
                  I had a peaceful day yesterday working on my ss project as pain allowed and then reading forums during the worst of it. I’m always amazed at how much you can reduce the pain by just not paying attention to it, never fully goes away but can make a big difference. Laying on my side helps too.

Still rainy here, our backyard is almost completely flooded at this point. We have a man who comes and helps with the yard work, he came yesterday, I wonder what for? You would have to swim behind a mower and I doubt it would run in this high water. He ran his blower, that was it.

I had fun last night picking out some more 30s fabrics to use in my project. I decided on a fat 1/8th bundle and then a few 1/2 yd. cuts of fabrics that I really like. My project is on hold til they get here so comon’ Shipping department!
                  Pam

Comment

• toggpine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2009

Day 6 of dealing with this snow. It was pretty until it rained. We have power back as of 7 last night. Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus we have the woodstove, and camping gear!
                    We lost the roof on the kid pen and the tent/shed that Hubby used for painting side jobs. We tried to keep the snow off, but with the rain, it was just too heavy. We needed to make some renovations to those two units anyway.
                    Just about the time I'd think I could come in and get some sewing done, the power would go out. At least I managed to get some deep cleaning done when we moved stuff to hook the fridge and freezer to the generator.
                    We have to dig out the woodpile today and we should be good for a few days. They are threatening more snow next week.

Here's to hoping I can get some sewing time in today on my hopefully last snow day this week!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2015

Snow is all cleared from driveway. Street snowplow went by. DH went back out to clear the hump at the bottom of the driveway. It's 1C now. I also shovelled out the patio door, about 4' above the step, and worked my way around the back to the side. We have gas heating, so it's important to keep the gas meter and fresh air intake to furnace and dryer vents cleared. There was at least 4' of snow to get there, so I had to sit in snow and take breaks. Luckily the snow is light and not crusty, which means you just sink down.

image.jpgimage.jpg

DH made me a hot chocolate with peppermint Kahlua. I added frothed cream. It's all good.
                      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• geegeequilts
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2015

Well, here I am in sunny (at least today) Georgia & while I love visiting other states it sure isn't gonna happen in the winter. You guys deserve a medal of some kind just surviving the cold (we won't mention all the snow). You all have my upmost admiration for maintaining a relative happy attitude.

I am still trying to find a clear path to my clean sewing room. Sigh. It mat not show up before summer. I will try again tomorrow.

Hope all will have a warm, safe happy day ahead. Better days are coming.

Gina

Edited to add that I think Suzanne has the right idea...hot chocolate & additives, lol!
                        Last edited by geegeequilts; February 13, 2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Star lover
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2016

I made it back in from clearing up what snow has come down so far. Whew! Drifts over 2 feet and it’s not a heavy snow, but under it.....slushy ice. Powers on, I’m drinking tea and catching up here. I hope not to do anything else for the rest of the day......except more snow clearing later.....sigh....come on spring....we need you!

Comment

• KPH
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2015

What a day. Got a phone call around 9. DIL locked her keys in the car and was waiting for Pop a Lock to come let her in. I just shake my head. J got a late start, his book bag was already in the van, so the plan to have him start working on that didn't pan out. They arrived around 10:30 and we worked for an hour because I had the visual fields test at 10. J worked hard! No dilly dallying around. His Mom picked him up at 11:30 to go to Nana and Nandy's for lunch with them and his grandfather. So they'll have a nice family dinner. Unfortunately, they thought I'd be able to feed the kiddos lunch and they'd pick them up later around 1:30. Nobody checked with me about that or I would have told them it wasn't going to work.

Tomorrow I'll get the results from the fields test and finish up the paperwork. My goal is to get it copied (so I'll have a copy for just in case purposes) and in the mail.

Morgan was picking up J when my MIL called. Another sad call, Richard (the youngest of Howard's generation) took his own life last night. My heart is breaking for the family. I can't imagine any family event without his sparkling personality lighting up the place. He was the decorating guru of the family. He will truly be missed.

I was thinking about getting the backing for the quilt top I started yesterday. I just don't feel like dealing with it now.

Prayers for those in need, we just don't know what everyone is going through.
                            Katrina
                            From NC, retired in FL
                            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• MaggieSue
                              Missouri Star
                              • Sep 2015

Katrina, so sorry for your loss, so sad!! Hope you get all of the paper work for your vision taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                              X