Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

Well, I guess Jim isn't picking me up for church, so Morgan will be here in about an hour. The mad dash is over anyway. I'm dressed and ready with my 'Do Nut Let Me Go' socks on. I wish I had a donut right now, it sounds good, even if it isn't good for me.

I worked on Secret Santa stuff yesterday, didn't even pick up my hexies. I think my hands are wondering what happened. I'm so glad we have the themes early, I posted the list in the kitchen and as things pop into my head, I'll jot them down. I'm shopping my stash this year as much as possible.

The big Donna Marathon is today. It's close to the church. I've had two emails to plan and make arrangements to take different routes to church today. Atlantic Blvd. is closed past the church from our direction, but those who live on the island will have a harder time getting to church since the main roads are all blocked for the next 12 hours.
    It's the third cold and dreary Sunday in a row. They said to make sure you have your rain coats this morning. I guess the runners won't mind the temperatures.

I talked to Melinda for a long time yesterday. She's in a lot of pain. The bones in her hip have basically dissolved. She can't do anything about it until June. One of the teachers there reached out to me and asked if she should be worried. Basically, yes, I guess she should be. Melinda has decided no more chemo. Her oncologist is angry with her, but can't force treatment. Russell is supporting her decision. He's gotten a job at Harris Teeter and is loving it. He knows a lot of the people and he can work hours that she won't have doctor appointments.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Not quite so cold this a.m. , 22 deg. It might reach 40 today. This a.m. is church -- no errands afterwards. Normally, the 2nd Sun. is my Sun. to play the organ, but I'm still healing from my surgery, so not today.

I worked on the taxes a while yest. eve. My printing calculator gave up the ghost. I have no idea how old that thing is, but it's definitely time for a new one. I use it mostly when doing the taxes or adding long columns of numbers. It's served me well. I'll do some browsing on the web after I get home. Office Max/Depot is just a few blocks from me. If they have what I'm looking for, I'll just run over there this afternoon.

Yest. our neighbor across the street (they moved out in Aug. & listed the house) made repeated trips with stuff from his shed -- plywood, scrap lumber, etc. A final clearing out for the new owner. Closing is the 13th. I noticed a handy man there a few times doing some things. Yest. he was up on the roof.

Katrina ~ Sorry to hear about Melina. It's the patient's right to choose treatment, or not.

I have no plans for today other than take it easy.

4. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is 22 degrees now. We are expecting an inch of snow to fall overnight. That will make a messy commute around here. I bought some purple fabric to frame my braids. I decided to wash it because of bleeding concerns. It keeps bleeding and bleeding on color catchers. I have already washed it 3 times. I guess I will cont until color catcher comes out clean. I am picking my quilt up today I left at the long armers. That was a fast turn around!

Have a good day.

Beth

6. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It's sunny but -11C. We are expecting another wave of snow in the next few days. I'm guessing the worst will be Tuesday, when I go to guild night and DH has a class. Seems guild nights in winter months are always bad. There is an interesting speaker, Elaine Queil, so I will go. It's not that far from home.

I got a call from mom's nurse yesterday morning. She had a fever, but they checked and no infection on her scar or flu. They suspect a UTI, so they will run tests to confirm and start on antibiotic. I spoke to mom afterwards and she wasn't aware, except that she had stomach pain. I will go visit today and see how she feels.

I helped DH set up his baby quilt on the Sweet 16. He will do ruler work. He was frustrated that he couldn't manage the quilt, but I tried to show him to work from table to lap, rather than the other way. Otherwise it pulls. He did use the bungees. He hasn't used it since he quilted his king size quilt 2 years ago. I told him to be patient. His stitches were good, but he is a perfectionist when it comes to quilting.

Then I got distracted and pulled out the box for the musical quilt for a friend. It will be a large lap quilt. It's going well, and I might have it done by the end of the week. I don't want to overthink this one. A panel was the inspiration.

Katrina - I'm so sorry to hear that Melinda is in pain. This is difficult decision for her to make and her loved ones to support. Prayers and hugs sent.
    Joy - I'm happy to see that you are getting back into the swing of things.
    Linda - it will be nice to have your sewing room back and set up. I'm certain your friend appreciated your hospitality, but craving her independence.
    Beth - don't let up on washing that purple. It will eventually stop bleeding. Better now than in a quilt.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Star lover, PamelaOry, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a sunny morning but chilly. Not sure what I'll be up to today. I guess a bit more laundry. Pretty caught up now. Vicky will be coming over later this morning to pick up two hooded towels that I made for her a few weeks ago to give as gifts. DH will do the grocery shopping. And that's all on the to do list. I see some sewing room time today
    Yesterday I had a bit of a melancholy feel for a couple hours. The house is so empty and quiet with everyone gone and I got to thinking about our Booda. I really miss him and his interesting personality. Then last night dh and I sat down and picked a time to go up to our favorite B &B in CT and booked a few days there . It won't be until April. I am looking forward to it. We had hoped to go in March but it will be worth the wait.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When fabric bleeds like this do you put it through the dryer between washes? I would think that would help set the dye just like the opposit of not putting something through the dryer until a stain is removed. Just a thought.

We have a calm day planned after a rather hectic one with the grands. Love those kids but they do wear me out.
    We have a cruise coming up soon and need to get some clothes ready for DH, mine were sorted last weekend. Nothing goes into the luggage until the day before we leave in order to minimize wrinkles.
    Dreary weather here but looking forward to sunshine and bue skies in the Caribbean.

12. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone...We woke up to a new world this morning...we are completely iced in. What a mess. This may continue for a day or so. No sign of the sun coming to our rescue any time soon. I'm so glad we had our propane tank filled recently, as they wouldn't even attempt driving on our lane if it was empty.

I made bacon, french toast and eggs for breakfast and it was gone in a flash. Jeff was called to work yesterday and he got home too late last night to eat, so he was wanting a hearty breakfast. It sounded good to me, too.

What a perfect day to sew...locked in my room with a little music and the pups.

Wishing everyone a good day...

14. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quiet morning here. Hubs is painting the walls in The Great Hallway Project, haha. For such a small space it's taking a lot of time. I hope to prime the stairway spindles today.
    I worked on my string quilt yesterday. I'm planning 80 blocks and have about 60 done. After the precision of the Blockheads, string blocks are so relaxing...just sew pedal to the metal.
    Claire, I don't fold my clothes when I pack, I roll them. It seemed weird at first but it really works. No wrinkles and I can pack way in advance.
    Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

16. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Icky and icy roads here today! My matinee of our show was cancelled, so the sewing room beckons! What to work on first? I can't decide! Sew a new bag or quilt an unfinished quilt top! Or clean my sewing room? Can't decide!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning/afternoon All.
    Well after all the hype around here we finally got our snow, all 2 mm of it. We get so excited and then disappointed when it doesn’t work out. Truth be told we just want enough for a snowman. Still pretty cold, hubby hit ice on his way to the airport and fish tailed, thankfully he got control of the van and all is well.
    My side is hurting pretty bad. It’s were my gall bladder used to be. It hurts terribly when I try and sit down, and I get relief when I lay on it. Go figure. I think I will start a juice/fruit fast and see if that helps. Not sure how much I’m going to get done with this pain, I think I will just take it easy today.
    Pam

20. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post