Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Hellos

Good morning,

Well it was so windy last night I thought I would have been transported to the Land of Oz. Nice and sunny for now, but the weather changes really fast these days.

I got to the sewing room and pressed fabrics and serged the edges of 20 waffle tea towels I cut the day before. Next will be to sew the sides, then to pick border fabrics. I also pulled out fabric for a musical quilt. Panel is in design wall and waiting for inspiration. Waiting. Nah, nothing. It will come.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry and be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, PamelaOry, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Hellos

It is cold but clear here, cold for Alabama anyway. We had 70s and even 80n last week so this isn't fun. It will be too hot before we know it so I won't complain.
    Did anyone buy the daily deal besides me. I saw that fabric line recently on-line and loved it, even though I had planned on making up some of the fabric I already had, it caught my heart and is coming to my house.
    We have cartoons on the TV as the grands are here, love it when they are here. Breakfast is my next project.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you Claire. I would love to have the cartoons going and the gcs here on a regular basis. Haven't seen any of them since before Christmas.
    Sewed some yesterday. A cold wind blew in a cold front. Today I am going into Asheville to take MIL for a hair cut. She seems so fragile these days.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I slept in a little, woke but didn't get out of bed for over an hour. Just enjoyed the quiet and the warmth of my bed. I checked email on the tablet and watched the ending of a movie on TMC.

Yesterday, I got the papers ready for the tax man. I'll go by the credit union here, that's the only interest earnings paper I don't have....not that there's a lot of money in that bank! My part of that job is done, I'll drop them off next week to have them prepared.

I worked on hexies yesterday. My shoe box is about full of flowers and my box of petals is about half full. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Once the flowers are all done, then I start sewing them on to the quilt. Jonathan's goal for me is December 2, so I'm working toward it. Honestly, I'd rather be working on the Mayfield Indigo fabric I've purchased.

Best get started, who knows what is going to be going on today. I have a couple of little projects I'd like to get started on. Neither will take a whole lot of time, but I do want them both to look nice when I'm done. Unfortunately, I don't have everything I need for either one! I'll get what I can get done today taken care of and maybe I'll go out to get the rest of the stuff to finish

Prayers for those in need the needs are many. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. It's another cold day here. In the 30s after hitting 80 last week. Crazy weather. Well because it was so cold this morning, the walking group decided to stay in bed. Of course, I had already been up early and showered and was fully dressed when the decision was made. So, I have been working on a t shirt quilt instead while watching Grey's Anatamoy on Netflix. I haven't seen this show in years. Any who, I need to get back to my list for today. I pick up the grandbaby this afternoon for a sleepover, so have lots to do.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

It is a cold day today, with highs in the low 20's. The sun has peeked out a couple of times. Highs in the upper 40's are predicted for the middle of next week, looks like we are on a weather roller coaster for a while.

It's into the sewing room for an hour or two today. I want to strip-piece one more square for my wallhanging, I think that will give me enough for the border. I already cut a couple of extra strips for one of the colors this morning. I will need to go to the local JoAnn's (ugh!) and buy some thread to match the appliqué. Hmm. Maybe I will give my sister some money and a couple of swatches of fabric, and she can go for me. She has a great eye for color and she loves that store. I always give her extra money so she can buy herself lunch with whatever is left over.

Mom's federal taxes are done, I will work on her state taxes later today. My federal taxes are almost finished. I need to double-check everything before sending them off. With the new tax laws, my refund will be a third of what it has been in years past. I haven't started my sister's taxes yet. If she received all of her documentation, I will work on them next week.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I also wanted to stay in bed this morning, but Our pug wanted her breakfast. It’s sunny and 30 here now. I went for a manicure and to the store. Now I plan on staying in the house and sewing borders on my braids. I went to the dentist yesterday and stopped at a sewing store to get fabric for the borders.

Have a good day and stay warm
    Beth

9. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We are slammed with snow here. It's supposed to keep snowing until 4 or so, let up and begin again Sunday night. I'm guessing we might have a snow day on Monday.
    I have a good book, lots of fabric, and plenty of food for both the humans and the farm animals. The hardest part will be getting in and out of some of the pens. Maybe Hubby will finally agree to the redesign on the poultry buildings this year.

You all stay warm and dry out there!
    (It doesn't want to let me upload snow pics.)
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning/afternoon All.

I woke up early this morning, around 5 am so spent some time planning my next few projects. One of them is a Arkansas crossroads quilt with 30’s fabrics. I was gifted some wonderful small pieces of some reproduction fabrics and those with what I have has me pretty covered except I’d like a little more red. I have a bit of a little red fabric from the Badda Bing line that might work.... I can’t decide if it will blend enough with the 30s fabrics or not.

I’m in love with the porcelain fabric line so I bought the dd even though I’m broke, now I’m really broke.

Hubby leaves early tomorrow for a union trip so will be gone until Thursday next week. It will be kind of sweet having him come home on Valentine’s Day.

I haven’t started my taxes yet, I’m dreading it. Everyone I’ve talked to has been negatively impacted by the new tax laws so I’m assuming we will be too. I probably should get them started next week. The kids have asked for help too, thank goodness for turbo tax!

We woke up to a very light dusting of snow that the sun melted off almost instantly when it came up. The forecast calls for more snow but the skies don’t seem to agree.

Have a pleasant Saturday Everyone,
    Pam

12. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon ~ I had no time this a.m. to post. Did 2 loads of laundry & cooked up a kettle of Anasazi beans. By then my wrist was hurting, so I spent an hour in the recliner with ice on my hand. Just finished a late lunch.

Toggpine ~ My son, who lives in Sumner, WA, sent a pic of the snow scene outside his apt. bldg. He said it still was snowing. I viewed some pics on the web & read an article. Sounds like a state of emergency has been announced & people are being urged to stay home & off the streets. It said Seattle got a whole year's worth of snow in 1 day. Sea-Tac Airport had ~7". Amounts vary per location. So far, he has not lost power. He stocked up on food, batteries, candles, etc. before the storm.

Did folks see all that snow the mts. got near Tahoe -- like 10 ft. or some crazy amount -- & people had to be rescued? It was on the news last night. I also saw some pics on the web. Old Man Winter is making itself known.

We woke up this a.m. to 8 deg. It's now up to 42 & mostly sunny. Lots of good melting going on. The rabbits were out in the back yard again this a.m. doing their running around, jumping thing. I know one is living under our shed. I see it coming out & going in.

Today's DD did not interest me. Not my choice of colors. I'm really trying not to buy. I have so much fabric in my stash that I need to use.

I hope Monique is having a wonderful vacation. Maybe she'll post some pics after she gets back.

Stay warm & safe!

14. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post