Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Feb 8 - 14, 2019

Sounds like everyone has been having good progress. Mary, you're not the only one who is working on embroidery. I am trying to finish a couple of older UFOs in counted cross stitch myself!

Got Block 17 (of 30) underway for Aunt Lottie's Garden. I hope to get it done today. It's 7 degrees Fahrenheit here with a wind chill of -5 (-21 degrees Celsius). Any way you calculate it that's TOO DARN COLD. I'm going to hibernate and stitch.

Stay warm (or cool, depending on your hemisphere and the local weather)......

2. Thanks kimsophia, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Feb 8 - 14, 2019

This week, I have grandiose plans. I'm not certain what I will actually get accomplished as last week's energy has been calmed by a stomach upset. Maybe I just hit the wall.

I am getting projects ready to bring to the retreat, but I really want to start working on some blocks now. I did cut some waffle fabric for tea towels. I got 20 cut from the yardage I had. I will add some borders on some and may try embroidering others with Michael's machine.

I've washed other fabrics for quick quilts, but I get distracted so easily with new pattern I see.

p.s. Ok, we have warmer temps than Kansas today. We are at 3Celcius, with strong winds. DH's relatives in KS must be freaking out.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; February 8th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks kimsophia thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

I live in Valrico which is NE of Tampa, FL.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, would you share where you found your waffle fabric, please? I have thought about making some dish towels too. Many thanks...

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well it is 8 degrees here in Wisconsin with a wind chill of 11 below and that is with the sun shining. It is going to be frigid once that sun goes down! I just took a banana cake out of the oven but still have to make the frosting. I am trying a new recipe called midnight chocolate frosting, dark chocolate. It has 3/4 cup of cocoa plus melted dark chocolate. Def not low calorie but oh well. My dd lives 2 hrs away, is making lasagna for us for lunch tomorrow and I am bringing the cake. My dh already asked me if it is okay can he have a piece of cake tonight after dinner "since the cake is not for a birthday or anything." We will have a celebration of sorts. I am gonna be a Grandma again! The dd we are visiting is expecting her 3rd. She has 2 dau, age 6 and 3, is hoping for a boy this time. She has her first ob/gyn appt on the 13th and hopes to get her due date then.

I finished my king size batik quilt yesterday! It was so exciting to put that final stitch in the binding hem. Told my dh too bad we don't have champagne in the house. This quilt took a long time, I stsrted it back in June and worked on it 5-6 days a week except 2 weeks over Christmas. I still have to pull out some basting threads then throw it in the wash with color catchers. I expect alot of dye coming out of these dark blues and purples. Have a good day everyone. Stay warm!!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been working on my finished cross stitch. Most I found when I tried my cupboard and have finished one small and nearly finished a larger one. So today I have washed 8 of them, 4 of which I've put in hoops to display on the wall outside my sewing room. I've made up one as a small wall hanging and have prepped two more wall hangings, just need to do a bit of quilting on these.

I'm thrilled with these little stitcheries, they've turned into little treasures. Will post photos when I've finished them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatinValrico View Post
    Good morning, would you share where you found your waffle fabric, please? I have thought about making some dish towels too. Many thanks...
    I bought the bulk of it (8+yds for $10) at a community fabric market last May. I also bought 10yd from a LQS that was closing. I think I bought one yard a few years ago from M*. It was ok, but I think meant for clothing and approx $10/yd. it needs to be cheap price to make money. I sell the tea towels $12 ea.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am just over half way through the quilting on the MJ Kinsman Birthstone series quilt. I am doing very simple stitch in the ditch quilting along the gem facet lines, so the gem will show and not the quilting. SITD is so slow! Nothing picture worthy. The quilted block looks exactly the same as the unquilted block.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I don't know if you get Mass Drop emails but they have a quilt kit this morning that has YOU written all over it. It's a laser cut kit with all the pieces ready to be sewn together. Called Crystals and it comes in four colorways. $139.99. I tried to copy the link but it didn't work. Hoffman's watercolor hand dyed bali batiks.
    Last edited by cv quilter; February 9th, 2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: adding info
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    Denise, I don't know if you get Mass Drop emails but they have a quilt kit this morning that has YOU written all over it. It's a laser cut kit with all the pieces ready to be sewn together. Called Crystals and it comes in four colorways. $139.99. I tried to copy the link but it didn't work. Hoffman's watercolor hand dyed bali batiks.
    Thanks for thinking of me. The Crystals kit is definitely me. Sadly I did order this pre cut kit from Hoffman several years ago. The kit is laser cut and it is cut incorrectly. It literally cuts the tips of multiple points, as well as having bad alignment marks. After multiple interactions with the Hoffman, and four pattern corrections I finally gave up and returned the kit for a full refund.

This is only the second time in my life I have ever given up. IMHO Do not buy this precut kit.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

16. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, cv quilter, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Bummer! Actually, I did consider purchasing the kit and kind of felt it was beyond my capabilities. I am really glad that I posted to you. Sad for you, though. I know you don't just give up.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post