Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Friday!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Friday!

Sherri, Try not to stress over the new job. Sometimes the "trainer" doesn't know enough about the position & won't acknowledge it. A good job is out there waiting for you, Don't let DH worry you too much. He knows you're trying. Being overwhelmed over anything doesn't make anyone feel good about themselves.

Take a deep breath & tell yourself that this too shall pass.

Gina

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning /afternoon All.

Sherri, I’m so sorry to hear about your job and the panic attack. I have panick attacks too. One of my worst memories was the panic attack I had in a job interview. It’s so frustrating because the cost of having them is so high but you still don’t have any control over when/where/if/how they are going to happen. I’ll be sending warm thoughts your way today.

Simply quilting happy 22nd anniversary! I hope you guys have a lovely celebratory lunch ��

I’ve never seen a wiener mobile up close, only in passing on the freeway/highway a few times. Do they hand out free hotdogs or something?

My 2 1/2 inch square project is completely complete and I was able to work on my diamond star quilt yesterday. I’ve been struggling with pain from doing the sorting while standing/leaning over (which I know better than to do). I want to get started on my next Ss project but I’m a little hesitant after reading some of the detail info people are starting to share. Ie. Love florals vs. dislike florals... what if I make something and then find out that it’s a solid dislike for my ss? At the same time, there’s not a lot of time between when we find out who our person is and the deadline for having 4 things done. Maybe I’ll go through the themes again and find something kinda universal. I already know what I want to make for my 1930’s theme, maybe I’ll work on that.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Pam

3. Thanks Star lover, shermur, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    Good morning /afternoon All.

Sherri, I’m so sorry to hear about your job and the panic attack. I have panick attacks too. One of my worst memories was the panic attack I had in a job interview. It’s so frustrating because the cost of having them is so high but you still don’t have any control over when/where/if/how they are going to happen. I’ll be sending warm thoughts your way today.

Simply quilting happy 22nd anniversary! I hope you guys have a lovely celebratory lunch ��

I’ve never seen a wiener mobile up close, only in passing on the freeway/highway a few times. Do they hand out free hotdogs or something?

My 2 1/2 inch square project is completely complete and I was able to work on my diamond star quilt yesterday. I’ve been struggling with pain from doing the sorting while standing/leaning over (which I know better than to do). I want to get started on my next Ss project but I’m a little hesitant after reading some of the detail info people are starting to share. Ie. Love florals vs. dislike florals... what if I make something and then find out that it’s a solid dislike for my ss? At the same time, there’s not a lot of time between when we find out who our person is and the deadline for having 4 things done. Maybe I’ll go through the themes again and find something kinda universal. I already know what I want to make for my 1930’s theme, maybe I’ll work on that.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Pam, don't panic over SS. Everyone is so appreciative. I know I love everything my SS gave me last year and I use so much of it already and have plans for a lot of the fabric she gifted me, too. We all know the work, time and effort that goes into the projects, so there's nothing to be nervous about. Plus the benefit of a gift being outside of your 'standard' go to's, opens the door to enjoying new things.

I'm excited about working on the SS projects. It gives me a chance to try new fabrics and new skills in making new things. I'm getting ready to start the Zipper theme. Mike is looking at the list and fussing that I've been all over the place, which is true. As I see something I want to try and if fits a theme, I get started on it!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon ~ Just now getting here. Had an early a.m. dr. appt., the follow up from my carpal tunnel surgery. He was pleased with my progress. No therapy ordered for now. An assistant took out the sutures. The dr. wants me to wear the wrist splint more than I have been, so I'm hunting & pecking again today with my R hand. No soaking of the hand in a tub bath or dishwater yet for a few more days. I've been wearing a glove for food prep. & dishes.

After the dr., I stopped at 2 groc. stores. Restocked on raw peanuts & pecans from the bulk food section. I found some good looking kohlrabi, which I usually don't find except at the farmer's mkt. in the summer time. I like to eat it raw.

It was bitter cold this a.m.; only -1 deg. But it's now up into the 30's, which is a big improvement from yest. It never got >24 deg. Temps. will be moderating. It looks like DS#2 in the Seattle area is in for round 2 of snow.

The FAA is gearing up for another possible gov't shutdown. However, this time, if it happens, DS#1 will be excepted & not affected. He used his furlough days during the previous shutdown for projects around the house.

Well, I think I'm about ready for a c. of coffee & my recliner. I need to get some ice on my hand.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. Busy morning doing my spring cleaning. I'm on day 5 of 12. Last coat of Java gel stain went on the banister earlier this week and it looks like that will do it. Giving it a good drying out before the top coats. Now I have the spindles to paint white. There are only about 10 of them but they'll need primer and 2 coats of paint. I'll be glad when this project is done.
    Finished up the Blockhead for this week. Just need to do a little hand stitching on my January SS project. Got the February project mostly cut out, need to figure out a background. Pam, I left a post in the SS group about your concern. I hope you'll feel better after reading it.
    Have a peaceful evening.

8. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, PamelaOry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy I'm late in reading, but so very glad you are doing well and recovering! How good is that! I don't post much, but love to see how you are all doing...all good on my end.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

10. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post