Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Greetings

Buddy, I'm sorry you're having such bad weather :-( I hate it when you really don't know whats going on with it.

Our weather has been nice for quite a few days now. We do have the potential for thunderstorms this afternoon with the temps going down again. I'm in the process for airing out the house at the moment. We'll have about two cold days and then it says it's going up to the 40's during the day. I'll take that. We think the furnace is finally ok. They put a new motherboard in and the landlord stitched electricians. With things all confused around here I took the time to reinstall a new linux system on my other computer and even got it to be able to now watch Netflix and Amazon from it. So I have an upstairs and downstairs computer now for convenience. I've also rearranged several rooms and I'm pretty much done with that. I tend to leverage furniture with my leg when I move it around, which isn't often. Well I remembered why I shouldn't because now my knee cap is out of wack :-/. It will take a few days for that to get back on track.

I got back to the sewing machine this morning and working to complete the medium sized project I had been working on last week.

Hope you all stay safe with this crazy weather!

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon. It is a very slow start to the day around here. We had went to church last night but they had cancelled it as we were driving there due to ice. This turned out to be a very good thing because when we came home, I put little one in the high chair to eat a carrot then a banana. Just as he finished, he threw up everywhere. Cleaned up what we could while he was in the high chair, then he had a bath and I put all the clothes and high chair stuff in the washer. He has also developed a fever. I kept him with me last night so if he became sick during the night, I would easily hear him. I think he has taken the stomach bug that is going around which makes me wonder if his having a hard time going to sleep on Tuesday night was due to not feeling good. The good news is that this is suppose to be only a 24 hour bug. The bad news is I developed a horrid migraine during the night and have not been able to sleep it off. Makes me wonder if between the weather and possibly getting ill if that is why my head hurts so bad.

I have two quilts in the design process right now. The first one is a charity quilt for the university ag program that is in the process of checking regulations with the NCAA to determine if what I want to do is allowed under their rules. The other quilt is one that a friend of mine wants made for her daughter's graduation which is not until 2020. But she found the exact fabric that she want to use so best get it done while the fabric is available.

The weather cancelled the workshop that I was doing tonight. The library is not even open at where it was suppose to be held. The way I feel and the conditions of the road, I am glad it is cancelled.

My current plan is to go back to bed and have my head start feeling better. Then hopefully, the children and I will get to continue the game of Mexican train we have been playing with the dominoes.

Have a wonderful and safe Thursday everyone

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My joy of having a cleaned up tidy sewing room is NOT happening any time soon. The more I do the less progress I make. Made matters worse by getting off track & playing with some combos of fabrics for future quilts. Sigh. Then my DH tells me it's 75 degrees outside & sunny. Sigh, again. It won't be that temp. for very long...it's still winter, Gina. Sigh. I'm thinking I should just fill a couple of storage bins of ??? stuff & at least I'll have a tidier room. But that's what I wanted to avoid. I feel I'm building a sand castle with dry sand.

Hey let's just get everyone in a bus caravan & go way south for the rest of the winter.! Maybe that'll make all of us that are having health problems feel better for a while.

Stay warm, stay safe & pray for all that need a little extra.

Gina

6. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Aloha Barbara in Pennsylvania, Cold mud, warm mud you got my heart all aflutter. Since I am a potter I would be out there digging that mud into a bucket and start processing it to see if it would be good for wheel throwing to make something beautiful. Sure hope the tooth thing works out with no pain. Working on the quilt is a great idea for your friend, prayers for her.

All you people in the freezing zone stay warm and safe.
    Last edited by surfergirl; February 8th, 2019 at 05:15 AM.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post