Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSQ Sale Prices

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Angry MSQ Sale Prices

Will someone pleeeease explain to me why the sale prices are so misleading.
    I don't care what the MSRP is, I want to know what MSQ normally sells it for, that should be the
    price they list. That way I know exactly how much the actual saving is. The way they list it, it looks
    as if your saving more money than you are. One example was it look like you saved $10.00, when
    you look closely the MSQ normal price was $15.00 your not saving $10.00 you save $5.00

I won't say the lied, but they do mislead their customers.

2. Thanks Mom23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQ Sale Prices

Its the way of the world. When you go into a dept store and the ticket says you saved $200 it is from the MSRP.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's still a larger savings than what I'd pay here at a LQS where they charge MSRP.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

It bothers me a little, too, when I see something like "up to 30% off select fat quarter bundles." You know it's not going to be anything too exciting when you see phrasing like "up to" and "select."

With quilt-shop quality fabrics, I don't expect to find significant discounts unless the item is old inventory the seller is trying to move out. By that time, many parts of the discounted fabric line are already sold out. If I don't want to miss out on a line that really catches my eye, I'm prepared to pay the going price.

MSQC is fairly competitive on prices. I notice yardage has gone up to match FQS prices (or even exceed them, in the case of some Tula Pink prints), but it is what it is if you want the latest and greatest.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t like that practice either. I understand why they do it though
    Pam

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Unicorn View Post
    It bothers me a little, too, when I see something like "up to 30% off select fat quarter bundles." You know it's not going to be anything too exciting when you see phrasing like "up to" and "select."

With quilt-shop quality fabrics, I don't expect to find significant discounts unless the item is old inventory the seller is trying to move out. By that time, many parts of the discounted fabric line are already sold out. If I don't want to miss out on a line that really catches my eye, I'm prepared to pay the going price.

MSQC is fairly competitive on prices. I notice yardage has gone up to match FQS prices (or even exceed them, in the case of some Tula Pink prints), but it is what it is if you want the latest and greatest.
    Sure glad the "latest and greatest" seldom interest me
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Businesses typically discount off that price and not a discounted price. Do you like the sale price/fabric? Then buy it. Win-Win for all. If you don't like the sale price then it's easy to pass it by. I don't get caught up the original prices as they usually are not relevant.

10. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you and I even agree with you. But... all businesses do this, not just M*. It's just something we have to accept as the way businesses do business.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Sorta like marking things up to mark them down and call it a sale.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I wish sometimes that this practice wasn't so common. I really miss the old days when you went to the store to get what you want/need, and the posted price was the price. No "SALE" signs, and no confusion. You either bought it, or you figured out maybe you didn't need it that bad. Things just ain't so simple anymore.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-