Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here she is.....

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieSue View Post
    That storage case for all of her "shoes" is to die for!!!
    I call it the "Barbie wardrobe."

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    She is HUGE!!! MM had to carry her upstairs. She weighs 50 pounds, without the embroidery part which is another 25!!! Does not slide around on the table at all!

Needless to say, she won't be travelling much!
    Pat, I hope you have a sturdy table! I kept my Bernina 790 (which is a relative lightweight at 35 lb.) on what I call a "church basement" table (8 ft. table with folding legs). The weight of the Bernina caused the table to sway a bit in the center. Not a real big deal until I tried to use the embroidery module and found that it would't connect to the sewing machine because the table wasn't flat enough. I had to move it to my craft room, which has a very heavy butcher block table.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSN View Post
    Pat, I hope you have a sturdy table! I kept my Bernina 790 (which is a relative lightweight at 35 lb.) on what I call a "church basement" table (8 ft. table with folding legs). The weight of the Bernina caused the table to sway a bit in the center. Not a real big deal until I tried to use the embroidery module and found that it would't connect to the sewing machine because the table wasn't flat enough. I had to move it to my craft room, which has a very heavy butcher block table.
    I think the table she is on will be good, but I will keep and eye on it. I've not gotten past the straight stitch yet!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    She is HUGE!!! MM had to carry her upstairs. She weighs 50 pounds, without the embroidery part which is another 25!!! Does not slide around on the table at all!

Needless to say, she won't be travelling much!
    Yep! I took mine to 2 quilt classes (and at that time the classes were held upstairs in a building with no elevator). After 2 classes I told my husband I had to buy a travel machine. She is not kidding when she says it weighs 50 pounds. This beast is heavy!
    Debbie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your new beauty sounds comparable to the BabyLock Solaris. It's huge, too! I wouldn't want to be taking her back and forth to class very often. My Destiny is as big and as heavy as I want to get. You are going to LOVE your new machine. I bet the manual that came with her is huge, too! Lots to learn and lots of creating in your future.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that I love the graphics on that Limited Edition model.