Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default an oldie new again

Hi all, I'm Becky from western Missouri. About 20 years ago, I thought I would probably die young so I st arted quilting so I could leave my kids and grands a little something. So for a few years, I was really into it. Then we built a new house in 2006, and since DH grumbled about my threads and droppings everywhere, I decided to just quit. Working full time, and commuting didn't give me much time anyway. I gave ALL my stash away, did keep my 2 good sewing machines, and thought I'd never do it again. This fall I decided I'd had enough full time work for the last 40 years so I went part time. My Mom passed away in 2015, and I found some curtains, and comforter, and pillows she had stashed. I remember shopping for those with her. So I decided to cut them up and make myself a quilt. I'd forgotten how much I love materials, color, and my sewing machines!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: an oldie new again

Welcome from central Wisconsin, I hope you enjoy your journey the 2nd time around!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome from Long Island. Glad you found some comfort again in a needle and thread. I know you will treasure that quilt and the memories associated with it.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! I am in Wisconsin. If you are totally desparate I can send you some of my stash to get you started. Nothing sadder than the itch to quilt and no fabric!! I think my stash multiplies at night when I am sleeping.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Colorado. I also could donate fabric from my stash to get you going. What with the Daily Deals, etc., it won't be long until you have your own stash. Happy Quilting!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Oregon! As you can see, this is a great group of Gals.
    Pam

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to the quilting world. It's much nicer when you have the additional time to sew instead of working full time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Becky and welcome to forum from Michigan! Enjoy your journey, so happy you’ve joined us!

Attachment 157528

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from south central Missouri. It's never too late to start quilting again. The new techniques will possibly make it more fun than before.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Becky from Canada. I have been to MSQC, so I don't know how far you are from Hamilton, MO, but I know you would be like a kid in a candy store. There are great deals at the back of many stores with yardage on sale.

I am happy that you have found your way back to quilting and if hubby still complains about threads, be warned, there will be threads. I would hand him or anyone wo complains, a vaccum.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.