Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Wednesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Wednesday

Good Morning All,

I'm waiting on the coffee pot! Holy moly, I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. J will be here early, last night was Morgan's last night of 5 straight nights. She'll have a few days off then three in a row. Hopefully she won't forget to turn in a schedule when it's due. This left over schedule stinks.

My hexie pile is growing while the petal pile is slowly emptying. One day I'll get the flowers ready to put on the quilt. Mostly, I managed to get the laundry done, stripped and remade the bed with fresh sheets. I left the purple quilt on the bed. It's still winter, it isn't heavy but is the darkest of my quilts.

Yesterday it was beautiful. Heat in the morning, air in the afternoon. They're talking about close to 80 today.

Time to sip on some coffee before the boy arrives.

Prayers for those in need, prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Wednesday

Good morning. We had a beautiful day yesterday—sunny and 61. Today will be cooler—45 degrees. Rain starts this afternoon. I am planning on working out and then grocery shopping. I have been decluttering our pantry. I am finding items from 2011. I plan on doing some more piecing today. I need to bind 2 quilts too.

Have a good day.
    Beth

4. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...We had quite a storm last night...thunder, hail, pouring rain and tornado warnings. We stayed in bed most of the time but we could hear trees or large limbs crashing to the ground. I will go out to check on things when the sun comes up. Thunder in February always means tornadoes in the area.

Today is Jeff's birthday...too bad he had to work but he refused to take it off. He requested a pudding dessert that has crust, a cheesecake layer, chocolate pudding layer and whipped cream on top. This will give him a treat through the weekend. The Girls and I are buying him a rear window for his Bobcat buggy. The Grands bought him gift cards for BassPro, so he will be a very happy camper.

I hurt my back and shoulder picking Dottie up during the storm last night. I took some Tylenol but it hasn't kicked in yet.

I feel like sewing a little so I will give it a try until the pups wake up from their nap.

Have a great day everyone...

6. Thanks Carolnnc, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It’s 5 am for me, I’ve been up for a while so thought I’d pop in and post. I’m still prepping candies for that swap. Ran out of Saran Wrap last night so will need to get more before I can finish today, but I will finish today! Then it’s back to the diamond star quilt for me. The cold snap has made it here, it’s 33 degrees here and expected to get colder (that’s cold for us lol) throughout the day.
    Pam

8. Thanks Carolnnc, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Central Illinois checking in... freezing rain and freezing temps with 2 hour delays in everyone else starting their day. Wouldn't ya know-- this is the morning I get woke up by my 3 fur babies with a rush to get outside to heist a leg for a treat. Guess it's better than having a kennel to clean up. It's the Chihuahua's fault... he is getting old and can't resist letting me Know It. Then he also has Me trained... sneeze, snort- let me out!! Or else I have a wet spot to greet me when I go to the bathroom. He has the right idea, just not tall enough to get over the rim of the seat.

I think I've recovered from the last freeze we had... artic vortex?? what the Hey?? I think my Gramps would have a more descriptive word or two about freezing cold weather. There was no mistaking that man when he was telling you how cold he was. He needed to be censored by Grams many times.

We are into 3.5 years of my DD#2 fighting M/breast cancer. There is a spot on her liver that doesn't want to go away. It's a bit discouraging to watch her go thru the "poisoning" each week.. but others have it much worse so we persevere. I call her my little raccoon when she gets those really dark circle around her eyes. And I'm here to spoil her with food, drink and coddling.

My Janome goes in for a spa day this month. we whipped out several quilts for the holidays and hopefully brought comfort and hugs to others. I finally got larger quilts done for my 2 other children.. And was able to give them to each one in person. They showed up for my Birthday (dec 2) and spoilt me for a couple of days.

I may not get here to post everyday, but my love for this place is here in my heart as I go thru my days. Ya'll cheer me, inspire me and support me all the time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.....!

Katrina, wow! 80s.....I can only dream.....
    Beth, Hope you have a great day....you’re a busy gal.
    Barb, sure hope your back and shoulder get better.....so, you have crazy weather too!
    Pam, Hope you get to that diamond star today......I love star quilts!
    Judy, what the hay!......is right. Very strange weather. I had to chuckle at the short doggy visual, using the toilet......sorry!

Wow, we’re sure got a lotta rain. It froze overnight and we got ice coating everything. There’s a danger of the power going out until about noon, when it’s suppose to start melting. The weather guy said 1/4” ice is equal to 500 pounds......OK, that didn’t sound right to me. 1/4” on 1” of line isn’t 500#s. Not sure how long, but they like to hype things up! You’d a thought the world was ending according to last nights local news!

Well I was able to slice some yesterday, so maybe more today.....and hopefully some sewing too! Great day to just sit and sew.

Hope everyone has a blessed day. Stay warm and happy. Love and hugs to all!

11. Thanks Carolnnc, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

I'm checking in from eastern Ontario, Canada. We have been under freezing rain warning for the past 4-5 days, but we've been lucky and missed mostly. I think southern Ontario near the Great Lakes have not been so lucky. They are getting rain and more snow. I don't mind the cold, as I just stay indoors. I have enough food prepped and stocked to survive for awhile, provided we don't lose power.

I visited mom yesterday and will need to purge & reorganize clothes and things from the closet and dresser. Many things have not been used in over 8 years. I will plan a day this month.

I decided that I will make the M* Kindred Pinwheels. I purchased a FQ bundle & yardage on a guild shopping trip last year. I think it will be perfect. Since I've had recent bleeding from fabric, I decided to wash. I'm glad I did. It is mostly green, blues and navy. The colour catcher was blue, so I washed again and it was clear. It's all pressed and fabric cut. I should save this for this month's retreat but I am itching to start a few blocks.

Interesting how I can easily get distracted with a new project when I have mending of GKs clothes.

Katrina - 80 degrees. I can only wish for summer.
    Barb - scrarry weather you are having. Wish Jeff a happy birthday. Take care of that shoulder.
    Judy - I got a chuckle about your furry alarm clock. We have one of our cats that comes in and persists until one of us gets up. Sending hugs and prayers for your daughter battling cancer.

Enjoy your day. Be safe on the roads, stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Carolnnc, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Anita -

I think weather people like to report the worst. For the past week, they've been predicting doom and gloom, and yet it would be almost nothing, or we've been extremely lucky. Really, we live in Canada and we get all types of weather in the winter, so generally we are prepared with proper gear. Freezing Cold. Snow. Ice. Power outage.

Monique must have her toes in the sand. There were no flight cancellations, although some airlines might have delays.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

15. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Western NC is a balmy 50 this morning with tree frogs hatching in the swimming pool and oh my are they noisy. I know this warm Feb. isn't here to stay but hey, I'll take it. I've been out pulling up English Ivy from the woods and clipping new tree shoots from the hillside so they won't turn into real trees. Too close to the house and once they take hold they are a lot harder to get rid of.
    Went into town yesterday for our anniversary dinner. MIL came home from hospital so that was our big stop for visitation.
    I sewed a little yesterday but piecing does get a little monotonous.
    My cell phone is on the fritz and they are telling me its the antennae and it can't be fixed. I surely do hate to spend all that money on a new phone. I guess that means no new rug right now.
    All my grands are sick with cold or flu and I surely would like to go visiting but I'm not going to expose myself. Life is good when you feel well.
    To all my forum friends, hey, howdy and enjoy your week.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the puny list! Woke up last night with a bladder infection. Luckily I keep medicine for that on hand so by tonight I should start to feel better.
    Other than that I'm just plugging away on the awful twins. I have the first one half done and wish it was the last one. LAST TIME I AGREE TO MAKE QUILTS FOR SOMEONE ELSE USING THEIR PATTERN CHOICE. Y'all heard me, so just keep reminding me when family begs.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post