Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Wednesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Wednesday

Good morning everyone. Yesterday we had beautiful weather...think it got all the way up to 64 so the heat got turned off and windows opened for a blast of fresh air. I've started spring cleaning a little early, so that when spring comes, I can play outside. I'm doing one room/day. Still working on redoing my banister, final coat of Java gel stain is going on today. Then I'm going to wait a few days before starting the topcoat process.
    I also completed last week's Blockhead block so I'm caught up, finished quilting the January Secret Santa project and started choosing fabric for my SS February idea.
    Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc, baslp thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

East Tennessee thawed out this week. It was 65 yesterday. cloudy and windy today, but still warm. At least I can see the mountains, though the highest peaks are in the clouds.
    I've been busy helping my friend move to her condo. It's almost ready, just 3 more pieces of furniture and 1 load of boxes. Then I can finally get my new kitchen arranged the way I want it, and my sewing room can go back together.

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Everybody ~ I'm late again today. I just read everyone's posts & weather reports. Well, we have 25 deg. & snow. There must be at least 2" out there. Tonight it's supposed to be down to zero & sub-zero wind chill. I was hoping the snow would hold off till noon (as predicted). No...it was flurries as I drove to BSF, & snowing hard by 11 a.m. Had to clean off my car at the church, then again after getting groc. At least most people were driving sensibly--25 to 30 mph-- leaving adequate space between cars. But...there always are a few (usually SUVs) who think they need to drive faster than everyone else, instead of going with the flow. I was relieved to pull into the garage, safely at home.

I'll post in another thread about the Colo. runner who was attacked by a mtn. lion this week.

I plan to stay inside & enjoy the warmth & comfort of home for the rest of the day.

6. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post