X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swedish leo
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2012

REPLAY: Take a tour of machine quilting at Missouri Star with Misty and Becky

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Interesting to see how it works !

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.
  • The_Last_Unicorn
    Batting Beauty
    • May 2016

Re: REPLAY: Take a tour of machine quilting at Missouri Star with Misty and Becky

I really enjoyed this video! What a huge operation they've got going on!

Some Cliff Notes from the video:

-They recommend you put your quilt in a sealed plastic bag inside your shipping box to protect from water and other shipping mishaps.

-Place your quilt top and backing in a bag together with a note that includes your order number (especially if you send more than one quilt at a time, so they can put the right quilting pattern on the right quilt).

-The machines run about 18hrs a day split between a ~15 employee day shift and ~7 employee night shift

-Currently, quilts may be done in as little as 4 weeks or in 6 weeks on average

- You can let the quilter decide your quilting pattern and/or thread color

- No double layer batting. Currently this causes issues with the layers slipping/bunching and causing puckers.

-They can quilt minky, denim, tshirt material as well as regular cotton

-They cannot quilt satin and lace because those materials don't stand up to the rigor of edge-to-edge quilting

-Fabric scraps that are at least jelly-roll width are sent back to you with your quilt

Comment

• LindaKay75
      The Guild President
      • Mar 2014

Re: REPLAY: Take a tour of machine quilting at Missouri Star with Misty and Becky

OMG! All those quilts. This is so good to know. I have a better understanding now. Thanks for sending out the video.
      sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

• PamelaOry
        Applique Angel
        • Jan 2019

Great video! Thanks for sharing
        Pam

Comment

Working...
        X