Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Tuesday

Good Morning All,

Kids will be here shortly. We had some sunshine yesterday afternoon! It was a joy to see, even if I didn't move a lot from my chair.

I did get a lot of hexies sewn yesterday but not much else.

I hope everyone is staying healthy!

Prayers for those in need. Travel mercies for those having to venture out. and Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone!

I don’t know how you do sooooo much Katrina! Hope you’re feeling better.

Happy for Monique, hope she’s having loads of fun! Thankful Joy is doing better.

Well it hasn’t stopped raining since yesterday am. Looks like a small lake in my backyard. Better than the white stuff anytime! Temps are going to drop and the rain will freeze......in time for 50’ on Thursday........so very strange.....

Did some sewing yesterday, so maybe some slicing today.

Have a safe, warm, joyous day! Love and hugs!
    Anita

3. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is suppose to get to 63 today, the dogs and I will definitely spend some time outside. I do tutor this morn and then need to stay home and get the laundry done. I prob should get my car washed too.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Up early as usual. We are at Greg's right now. Greg is taking a sick day today, he is not feeling well. He and Les have gone back to bed. No chance of me sleeping. I found the perfect cover-up yesterday and found a really nice swim top at VV half price at $2.99, my kind of deal. Greg got us checked in so now we have our boarding passes, and all set to go. The temps here are in the + side and rain for today, a good day to fly. We have lots of time before our flight.

And so I am signing off. Have wonderful days ahead.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All. We’re having slightly colder weather, had a chance of snow and the hilly areas near us got it, rarely does it come all the way to the valley floor where we live.

I have exactly three houseplants I’ve so far not managed to kill and one of them has by far outgrown its pot so I need to repot it...today. No more procrastinating, the poor thing needs more room to grow.

In the sewing room I’m still working on candie charm packages, it’s been quite an endeavor, to measure,cut, and package 1850 candie charms. I’d like to have this project done today so I can get back to my diamond star quilt.

Have a blessed day everyone.
    Pam

7. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday.

I'm doing laundry today and changing all the beds. The Girls love fluffy clean bedding so they can hide their little things. If Maggie doesn't hide her nyla bones well enough Sugar goes into Magg's crate and hides them again for her. Sugar is the guardian of our home and everything it contains. For that reason I try to keep her out of the sewing room.

I have little news today. We took the contents of our lock box back to the bank yesterday and I got our tax information in the mail to our CPA, two large jobs I have been working on lately.

I hope their vacation to Cuba is the trip of a lifetime for Monique and Les.

Have a great day everyone! Hugs....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Looks like we got some rain overnight, but with temps above zero, I can't tell if the driveway is wet or a skating rink.

I went to the VQC yesterday, and there was only 8 ladies that braved the icy roads. I cut fabric for a kit and trimmed/ squared blocks for sewing ladies. The tying group had a new lady join. She had been a recipient 13 years ago, and has been cancer-free. They tied 3 quilts. These will go to another lady to attach the binding. I also brought the quilt I did on Sunday. I dropped off 6 quilts and a dozen+ bags to the local area coordinator for distribution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	157513

I have a few next projects dancing in my head. Now to choose. Maybe I should tackle the bag of mending from my daughter.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry and safe as I see the west coast is seeing excessive rains causing landslides.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Carolnnc, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Good morning. Looks like we got some rain overnight, but with temps above zero, I can't tell if the driveway is wet or a skating rink.

I went to the VQC yesterday, and there was only 8 ladies that braved the icy roads. I cut fabric for a kit and trimmed/ squared blocks for sewing ladies. The tying group had a new lady join. She had been a recipient 13 years ago, and has been cancer-free. They tied 3 quilts. These will go to another lady to attach the binding. I also brought the quilt I did on Sunday. I dropped off 6 quilts and a dozen+ bags to the local area coordinator for distribution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	157513

I have a few next projects dancing in my head. Now to choose. Maybe I should tackle the bag of mending from my daughter.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry and safe as I see the west coast is seeing excessive rains causing landslides.
    . Wow! Suzanne! That is a gorgeous quilt! Very interesting focus fabric!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    . Wow! Suzanne! That is a gorgeous quilt! Very interesting focus fabric!
    It certainly is. Great work Susanne

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ (for 10 more min.) ~ I had a busy morning, then took an hour to chill in the recliner with the ice pack on my hand, music in my headphones, & relaxed. I'm trying not to take Ibuprofen (bothers my reflux) or the narcotic, so my hand is aching. I'm still having numbness & tingling in my hand, which I read in the post-op instructions may take time to resolve. Pooh!

Sunny, clear, & 42 deg. Cooler today. The low was 22. Another chance of snow Wed. eve. into Thurs. Maybe 1-3". DS#2 in WA got 4" yest. I guess the Seattle area was a mess due to snow. They have all those hills to contend with. Issaquah area got 5-8". That's quite a bit for them. I have a cousin who lives there.

Well, Monique ~ Bon Voyage! Safe travels.

I did some surfing on Bonnie Hunter's site yest., looking at the free patterns. I kind of like the "Playing with Jacks" pattern. It's also known as Jacks on Six. Double X, Old Maid's Puzzle, Cat's Cradle, or Three & Six. It would be a great scrap buster. The trick would be in the layout. She shows multiple options. Her blocks are only 6"; I probably would make mine 9 or 12". I'm just not "into" small scrappy.

I have no plans for the rest of the day except to finish up my Bible study lesson & read. I'm not feeling very ambitious.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post