Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's VACATION Monday

Good morning friends. Just about all packed and ready to go. Just a few small things to do. I did not get any sewing done at all, busy shoveling snow. Went to Bonnie's and watered the plants and shoveled more snow.

Later today we are headed to Greg's and will spend the night with him and Ashley and then leave tomorrow for Cuba.

I will be missing some birthdays while I am away. Bubby and Buckeyeyequilter are on the 15th, happy birthday Ladies, Grampz on the 16th, and lapeoples and bronnyb on the 17th. Happy birthday to you all. They are the only ones I know so if I miss someone else's, sorry.

I will be thinking of you.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's VACATION Monday

Good morning to all!

Oh Monique, you will be sooooo missed! I sure hope you have a grand time. Lots of R&R and soak up all that sun and fun! Safe travels and let us know all about your adventure when you return.

Wow, we’ve sure had some strange weather. We’ve gone through a 70’ temperature change in a few days. Highs in the 50’s today, with rain. Lots of flooding around, but I’m OK.

Hoping to get into my sewing room today. Seems like a long time since I was in there, it’s only been 2 days. It feels like longer.

Thinking and praying for complete healing for Joy. So many others needing prayer too. Love and hugs to all.
    Anita

4. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Safe travels Monique, and have a relaxing time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, have a great time! We'll miss you! I hope your trip is everything you're expecting and even more!

Well, around here, it's the sicky yucks. Last week, Zeke and Jonathan had the 'cold' then the runs. Saturday night (after holding hands with Esther during our Walmart trip) Esther had the runs. She shared... enough said. I messaged Jim, and cancelled having the little kids and dinner.

I worked on hexies until my thread decided that knotting and breaking was the only thing on it's mind. I switched gears and worked on Jonathan's school work. I doubt that I work on much of anything today.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Have a great trip Monique! Can’t wait to hear about all your experiences.
    Yesterday I had a good time at the art museum. I have not been to the art museum in 10 yrs. they have made some great changes. I am going to work away on quilt. I really did not want to watch the super bowl, so I sewed.
    It much happening today.

Have a good day.
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    Monique - enjoy your well-deserved vacation. Be careful on your drive in to Ottawa, as we are still on freezing rain warning.

I had a message from my daughter. They arrived safe and sound At Punta Cana. They were pretty tired as they were up at 3am, for 7am flight. She sent pictures of the kids playing on the beach. They have taken to the weather, like fish in a pond. They look so happy, and my daughter said they were given an upgraded suite. It makes it worth it. Even the little one who was sick, looks much better.

Yesterday I stayed in and quilted a top for VQC. I am almost finished sewing the binding. We had an email from national office, thanking everyone but reminding us of the continued need and requests for quilts. They have 300 requests in January alone. I think this is across the country. If it's not cancelled, I will go to VQC meeting today. I would love to see cancer eradicated, so quilters can focus on other projects.

I hope everyone has a safe day. Stay warm and stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Star lover, Monique, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

First, let me wish Monique a joyous adventurous vacation. Katrina, get feeling better, and JOY hope the pain has subsided and you are on the mend.
    I made angel food cake yesterday while I vacuumed and swept then I fed the fish and sewed for two hours then out to the yard with a rake. The tulips are putting their heads up to see whats going on and the daffodils too. Its going to be a glorious spring. The little gold fish are thriving...almost the size of my index finger.
    I read last night while DH slept and the superbowl blasted its noise through the house. Glad that's over. The new book by Sandford is good.
    Tomorrow is our 37th anniversary.
    MIL is still in hospital. Thinking she can come home on Wednesday.
    Life is good, God is great

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All.

Happy vacation day Monique! Hope Joy is still on the mend, and now Katrina too. Hubby just came in home early from work with the sniffles, he’s caught a bug too. So far I’ve avoided it.

Well we got my design wall up and I’ve got the diamond stars up on it. It is so much easier to see what I need to make next! Because there is a lack of wall space in the sewing room it is in my bedroom which really works out, I see it while I’m in here and it gives my brain something to chew on.

Prayers for healing and happiness today.
    Pam

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great vacation Monique!

Still no heat here. They keep coming....fixing it....leaving...within a half hour it just goes out again.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Monique
    Have a great vacation & really enjoy yourself. You've been thru so much you need to unplug & smile for a week! Or more....

Gina