Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's VACATION Monday

Good Afternoon ~ I'm late getting here. Had a busy morning. Did 3 loads of laundry. Dental appt. for cleaning at 10 a.m. Pooh! I need another crown! That molar already has multiple fillings, & now has cracked. So more dental work slated for next month. Remember my saying I had partial numbness on the L. side of my tongue after my last crown work? Someone here on the Forum mentioned it took 6 mos. for hers to clear. The dentist said the same thing had happened to him & it should get better in a few mos., so I guess there's hope. The dental office moved Oct. 1; this was my first visit to the new location -- his own, free-standing building. It's very nice. So pleasant to have nice windows w/views in all the treatment rooms. In 1 room there's a view of the mts.

On the way home, I stopped at Dollar Tree (needed more of the large baby gift bags), the bakery, & picked up a Chipotle's take-out chicken bowl. I get 3 meals out of it. I'll be taking it easy the rest of the day.

Thankfully, I slept better last night. Much milder this a.m.--- 40 deg. High today has been 50 deg. I saw 3 rabbits out in the back yard this a.m. I think we might be getting close to mating season. They were chasing each other & doing the leaping in the air. So funny to watch.

I'm ready to relax in my recliner & have a cup of coffee.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Have a great vacation Monique!

Still no heat here. They keep coming....fixing it....leaving...within a half hour it just goes out again.
    Might be time to push for a new heater. It's not going to get warmer for awhile.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect that will be the end result Laura. They are coming back again tomorrow. Trying another switch. If that doesn't work I have one more day I think of warmer weather. Then I'll let Bob know I believe it's time for a new furnace, although by now he should know this himself. I recall back in November when this first happened that the guy said when he replaced the motor that several sensors where not hooked up. Wouldn't surprise me that when the furnace was put in years ago that there was a problem with the unit and they resolved it by unhooking those sensors. This is the fourth replacement switch they done since Nov with three the last 5 days. I mean, like, come on guys, time for a reality check. These are the times I hate being a renter :-(

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    These are the times I hate being a renter :-(
    I think your last sentence says it all. The landlord is just doing everything to avoid replacing it. Just my honest opinion.

8. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Carlie Wolf, does your state have any laws that protect renters? If the landlord can't (or won't) provide you with a dwelling with a reliably working furnace, what remedies do you have available to you?

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

They probably do. Thing is with those laws, if you complain there is nothing to prevent you from then having a sudden rent increase which you can't afford or them making your life difficult so you no longer have the rental. This is a private house and could also be sold out from under you. So you can, I think, be ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't. :-/ I think at this point he knows that if there isn't a solution in the next few days his time is up because the temps are going down again. He's probably hoping for a miracle , it's just so darn annoying in the mean time.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post