Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Bowl Sunday

Good Morning All,

From the news this morning, you'd think nothing else was happening today. lol It's raining but it looks like it's going to clear out but the fog is following behind it. From the sounds of it, it's going to be a great day for some soup!

I worked on a project yesterday, I can't make up my mind if it's going to be a good one for SS or not. I'll probably give this one to DGD for her hair baubles. One things for sure, it's a lot of hurry up and wait. There are some finishing details that I didn't like. So if I do it again, there will be some modifications made.

I'm not sure of the Sunday plans. I forgot that Jim isn't going to play this week, so he doesn't have to be there early. Naturally, I got up thinking he might be here at 7:15 before I remembered that detail. I doubt that Morgan will be going since she's on duty 5 consecutive days. I think tonight is the last night of that stretch and she'll have a week off. She's going to need it to recuperate! I can't imagine 5 days of 12+ hour shifts in a row. I think their person in charge of scheduling needs to have to work the floor for 5 days like that.

I hope you all enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday. Mike wants Scalloped Potatoes and Ham tonight. Last time I went to pick up potatoes there weren't any unless you bought a 5 pound bag. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up a few today. No point in having that many potatoes for the two of us!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Star lover, Monique, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Bowl Sunday

Good Morning Everyone...Jeff got called to work at 40 this morning. I have no idea when he will get home. He spent the day at the apartments yesterday and so far he hasn't had any down time after working a double shift Friday.

I will be making a trip to WalMart as soon as the the sun rises. I like to get this task over with early.

I managed to get two blocks for the wedding quilt made over the weekend....slow going and I'm a bit rusty.

I could care less about who wins the Super Bowl since the KC Chiefs aren't in the game sooo...may your favorite team win!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. Up way too early again this morning. I am hoping that our vacation will remedy that. Last load of wash done till we get back.

Update on my niece. Surgery has been cancelled. Now it looks like it will be chemo and radiation for now at least. From what I understand this tumour is very close to the heart and surgery had already be scheduled at the Heart Institute. But a review of the biopsy has changed the plan. I really hope this plan works for everyone's sake. We are going to try and connect with her tomorrow and to also give her the quilt.

I bought snacks for Super Bowl day. We are staying in and may possibly have a guest come and watch it with us. Mother Hubbard's cupboard is getting pretty bare to say the least. I will have a major shop to do when we get back. Tomorrow we will head into Ottawa and stay at Greg's house as he is only 15 or so from the airport. The weather isn't supposed to be very good for tonight into tomorrow, freezing rain is what they are calling for. At least we will be close to the airport for Tuesday.

Not sure what I will do today. I may do a little quilting on the butterfly quilt.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

5. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, friends. DH will probably watch the game this evening even though his team isn't playing. I hope to spend some time sewing or straightening sewing stuff. Friday one of the ladies in our bee group brought a whole bunch of fabric & things that she had cleaned from her sewing room. She wanted us to take what ever we wanted...........you would have thought that none of us had a single scrap of fabric at home! We laughed as we dug through the fabric treasures and of course we didn't get any work done that day. So today I need to "file" my goodies in their new home.

There really should be a support group for quilters..................but no one wants to be cured.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Today will be a cloudy day. Yesterday was a day of errands mostly. I was able to pick up my machine from the shop. She is now working strong again. After hours of searching, I finally found the binding fabric so I could finish niece's quilt. Agenda for today is church, haircut, grocery shopping, and stabilIizing the shirts for the next quilt.

Monique, have an awesome vacation. Blessed day to all. Gotta get moving.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and happy Sunday! Temps will be a balmy 50 degrees or so today, such a difference from the arctic cold we had last week. No complaints, though. I'm sure the winter temps will be back soon enough.

I don't have any plans for the Super Bowl tonight, the game is on CBS here and I have a hard time getting that station (I don't have cable or satellite). I think the local station boosts their signal for the big game. I will play with the antenna and re-program the channels later this afternoon. I am not a fan of either team, but everyone at work will be talking about the game tomorrow...or the commercials...or the half time show...so I will try to watch. You never know, maybe it will be a good game!

Mom's birthday is Tuesday, she will be 89 years old. I went to a local florist yesterday and ordered some flowers. I didn't see quite what I wanted online. Mom likes baskets, but vases are in style...as are one-sided arrangements (she likes them all around). The gal I worked with was great, we picked out Mom's favorite flowers (white daisies and yellow roses), some accents, and a cute little brown basket.

I spent some time in the sewing room yesterday afternoon, strip-piecing the border for a wallhanging. It has been a little challenging because I don't do random very well. It became more of a challenge when I noticed the piecing shrunk the M* paper template by a quarter inch. Good thing the first square was just practice!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

I don't really care for the freezing rain that we are expecting today & Monday. Good plan Monique, get into the city near the airport. I am sure you won't miss the scrappy weather we are getting this week. My daughter and family should have left at 7am. I hope they have a good trip. When I visited Friday, poor Cedric was starting to be sick. Kids. It seems there's always one sniffling or coughing. My daughter is getting so thin, she is looking ragged and I know she is exhausted. She went into work one evening this week, and worked until 11pm. She has a large group to manage, and one lady retired Friday, and she found a replacement to start in 2 weeks. I will pray that she gets a break and needed rest.

I finished my quilt top yesterday and DH finished our grandson's top. He hopes to sandwich it today. I might work on VQ. Tomorrow is our group meeting. We may not be many, as some of the older ladies do not venture out in bad weather.

DH said he might watch the Super Bowl. I'm not a big fan, but maybe half time entertainment will be good. Only good thing about it, the great sales on wings. I have stocked up.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Star lover, Monique, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is going to be 53 here today. I started a new quilt — Braided. I have never made this pattern, so I have to be focused when piecing.
    I am off to the Art Muesum w a friend to see an exhibit— Dior — the early designs. It will get me out of 5he house

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Good morning, friends. DH will probably watch the game this evening even though his team isn't playing. I hope to spend some time sewing or straightening sewing stuff. Friday one of the ladies in our bee group brought a whole bunch of fabric & things that she had cleaned from her sewing room. She wanted us to take what ever we wanted...........you would have thought that none of us had a single scrap of fabric at home! We laughed as we dug through the fabric treasures and of course we didn't get any work done that day. So today I need to "file" my goodies in their new home.

There really should be a support group for quilters..................but no one wants to be cured.
    Thank you for that laugh this morning! And it definitely applies to me!! LOL

And I’m really sorry about the Saints. I am a huge football fan and was so looking forward to seeing them in the Super Bowl. What an awful way to get eliminated!! That one will be felt and talked about for years!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Temps will be up in the 40's today, lots of melting going on. Looking forward to Spring...we've got 44 days to go.
    I got the banister stained yesterday. I think it will need 3 coats but the gel stain is easy to work with. I like the results so far. I was a busy bee yesterday. Besides the banister I got 2 big closets cleaned out. Does anyone else have this problem? Kids moved out years ago yet I seem to have things they just can't part with but at the same time, don't want to take the stuff to their house. Hmmm.
    Today I have my big walk in closet to tackle. Banister needs another day to dry. That means it's sew time!
    Katrina, you need to put a potato on for me...that's one of my favorite meals. Ham and scalloped potatoes were made for each other.
    Hope the rest of your Sunday is peaceful, unless you're watching the game. All I can say is GO PATS!