Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Bowl Sunday

I wish I had my sewing room back, but maybe this week! We will spend today moving my friend's things to her new condo. It's a beautiful day and will be warm this afternoon. I'll be sad to see her leave, but glad to put my house back together. She's only 10 minutes away.
    We will look for a good movie to watch tonight. We are not pro sports fans.
    Have a wonderful trip, Monique.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All

We are not pro sports fans either so no super bowl will be happening here.
    Hubby is going to hang my design wall today, he would have done it last night but he needs to deal with some wiring to remove an old heater switch on the wall where we want to put it.
    Tonight is our Sunday night dinner. We have our grown kids over for a family meal, tonight we are making one of my favorites, gypsy soup.
    Pam

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pamela, that sounds like an interesting soup, gypsy soup. It sounds exotic.
    I got my bolt of Pellon flex foam yesterday and I'm anxious to make the basket I saw a tutorial for. It looked easy. My sister and I think we might want to make them for our other 4 sisters for next Christmas ( I also have 2 grown granddaughters and 2 DIL that we sew for) So instead of watching the "Big Game" I'll be trying to make a practice basket. My team isn't playing either and I'm mostly interested in the ads. LOL Nothing will ever beat the Budweiser ad where the colt was trying to pull the big wagon and mom at the back pushing while the colt was acting so proud because he was moving the wagon.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Holy, Moly, we're having a Heat Wave as it's 50 degrees today! Windows are open for some fresh air in the house. DH will probably watch the game on and off and complain about whatever happens as he's not a fan of either team. DS#3 and family are Big Pats fans especially since they love in MA.

I'm going to busy myself straightening up the house and getting some bills paid so I can do nicer stuff during the week, haircut is at the top of the list.

Monique, You and hubby enjoy your trip to Cuba and rent a 1960's pink Cadillac like DS#1 did when he was there last summer.

5. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ I stayed home from church today after a restless night. Not sure if it was the weather, my late supper or what. For one thing, it was a warmer night & I got hot. Took off some blankets. I think I was up 4 times, which is unusual for me. At 3:45, I was feeling agitated so checked my blood sugar. My glucose was low, so I had a snack. Back to sleep for only 1 hr. when the alarm went off. I'll probably have a nap in the recliner later today.

No Super Bowl watching in this household. DH has no interest in any sports. The only time I watch the SB is if the Denver Broncos are playing. They've had 2 lousy, losing seasons. I think they've been to the SB twice in the 40 yrs. we've lived here. Denver put on a huge celebration for them. Maybe the new coach & staff can whip the team into shape.

It's sunny & supposed to be 60 deg. today.

My surgical hand is hurting quite a bit today, so I probably better ice it some more. From my post-op instructions I learned it can take weeks to months for the symptoms to go away. I still have numbness & tingling. So this will not be an instant fix. (Sigh)

I've already read all 10 books that I recently ordered. Today I started one I read several yrs. ago, Snow Falling on Cedars.

I'm off to fix my daily c. of coffee & read awhile.

7. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy you are such a fast reader, you already read 10 books?!! I can start a new thread if you want, to get book suggestions for your recup period? Two authors that I love are Elin Hilderbrand and Elizabeth Berg. All of their books are great, and I am a picky reader. Otherwise no SB fan here but husb will watch. I started an I Spy quilt after lunch and put together 2 rows, one with sashing between blocks, one without. I cannot make up my mind about it! Obv just sewing the blocks togeth with no sashing is easiest, and will use more spy squares so that's what I plan on doing during the game.

9. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post