Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Two sided dilemma

Not sure if I should tell you this: But if it is possible to reverse the wrap on the kimono to left over right so it looks like the letter y which is proper, I would do that. Especially if the salon owner happens to be Japanese. The way it is wrapped now is for the dead, sorry. Its a beautiful quilt. I remember a Japanese lady coming into our store, my friends baby daughter had a kimono top on. She said no no, and undid the top and wrapped it left over right, and said "Now it is right way".

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, toggpine thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Surfergirl! I never knew that.
    Thank you for sharing that tidbit of info on a kimono. So many things to learn on many different topics from these Quilty peeps!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl View Post
    Not sure if I should tell you this: But if it is possible to reverse the wrap on the kimono to left over right so it looks like the letter y which is proper, I would do that. Especially if the salon owner happens to be Japanese. The way it is wrapped now is for the dead, sorry. Its a beautiful quilt. I remember a Japanese lady coming into our store, my friends baby daughter had a kimono top on. She said no no, and undid the top and wrapped it left over right, and said "Now it is right way".
    I wish I'd known that. A little too late to change the wrap now. That's some interesting trivia (for lack of a better word.) It's true- you learn something everyday. Thank you.

The salon owner isn't Japanese, but I'd bet she just might know that. We'll see. I originally searched "Kimono quilts" and The vast majority were shown wrapped as I did it. I really wasn't thinking about the wrap, nor did I do much (any) research. I over-layed as shown since it's as in a ladies blouse. Who knew? I hope it's not bad luck.
    No- I'm not the test dummy for your dog's behavioral training class.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

She will love it.