Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nervous about Quilting...

Wait! Before you start, do you have quilting gloves, like Machingers? They really really help a lot, and help keep your shoulders and arms from getting so worn out.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Want to wish you luck, have fun and don't be hard on yourself when (not if :-) ) you make mistakes. One suggestion I would offer is each time before you start quilting on your quilt, spend 5 or 10 minutes quilting on a practice project, just to make sure your machine is behaving and that you have it set up the way you need. I cannot tell you how many times I jumped right in, thinking I was starting where I left off but something was not quite right. Also, that little bit of practice time helps me get back to the right speed and mind set

3. Thanks goldenrose_diana thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Everest, Very good suggestion. Thanks for posting

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Always remember that quilting should bring you joy. And even if you made a few mistakes - well, not a big deal since that's just a practice for your future projects. No one will punish you for that, and you shouldn't blame yourself either. The fear of failure is the most disturbing thing when it comes to creative process.
    But also - give yourself time and don’t put yourself under any time pressure. Try to enjoy the process.

6. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post