Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very sad day

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very sad day

My heart is breaking. We had to say goodbye to my son John's dog, Booda. He was somewhere between 14-15 years old from what we can figure. He has been having health issues for the last few years but the other day, he started not being able to walk on his back legs. He was sort of just dragging them along with him. He was on meds but they didn't seem to be helping. This morning my son brought him back into the vet. The vet told him that he could possibly help a bit with increasing the meds and getting him to use one of those wheelly braces for the back legs. Of course, that made it all the more difficult to make the decision but they really weren't sure that the increase in meds would help and he was getting side effects from them as it was. Plus, the wheely brace would only be for when Johnny took him out or for when he was home with him. He wouldn't be able to lay down in it so that would be difficult while my son was at work. And, being such an elderly dog, they weren't sure how he would adapt to it. They didn't want to put him through any more so they made the decision and it broke my son's heart to do it.

Booda was an integral part of his life and I feel that he played a major part in helping him get through a deep depression a few years back. I would appreciate prayers for my son as he deals with this . I am afraid of him slipping backwards into that dark world of depression. The rest of us are heartbroken too and will miss our Boo
    more than words can express.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Very sad day

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Will definitely pray for John.
    Lyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ginny....I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Our beloved pets are such an important part of our lives. It's incredible how human and animal life can become so entwined. My prayers are with your son and your family...Hugs.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I grieve with you for the loss of a beloved companion. I pray that John has help to get through this difficult time. Depression is a physical condition, not a mental choice.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Losing a pet is so difficult. I keep telling myself what the vet told me— it is about the quality of their life not the quantity. So sorry for his loss.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for the loss of your Grand-dog. Sending hugs

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this. Your son sounds like he gave his dog a wonderful long life. They truly can be man's best friend.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's a sad time for sure. I think you all made the right decision but it is still so hard to let our dear friends go. You can never replace your faithful friends who have helped us through getting through so much. I hope your son will eventually find it in his heart to allow another dog back into his life. I believe dogs are a gift from God to help us through the rough spots in life, they each seem to find their own special way to do that.They do it each in their own special way.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

We had to put a puppy to sleep this past year, I can only imagine how much harder it is with years together as you’ve had with Booda. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family today.
    Pam

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your son. Praying that he will get through this in a positive way.