Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about quilting patterns

Hello to all,
    Someone posted this question a while back on the FAQs but I can't read any replies as I do not belong to Facebook. When choosing a quilting pattern, is it possible to enlarge the pattern to make the quilting less dense?
    Thanks for any help,
    Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question about quilting patterns

If you’re doing free motion quilting you can make the design bigger. If using a computerized longarm machine, my understanding is that pattern size can be adjusted. If using a stencil, you’re stuck with the size of the stencil.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing you are asking about MSQ's quilting service. So I went to the FAQ page and found the question you were referring to, it doesn't appear to have received any answers.

But I would venture to say that most likely they do not offer this service, as it may fall under "custom quilting", and this is what they have to say about custom quilting:

"...... we are not able to offer custom quilting. We offer edge to edge quilting services only, so the same pattern will be used from top to bottom, left to right."

edited to add: By the way, staff rarely visits this forum so most replies here will be from regular members. You can always contact customer service directly to get a direct answer though.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Caroline, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure. I like more open quilting so will need to choose a pattern with care.