Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: industrial machines

thank you all for your comments and suggestions. There are a couple of sewing machine stores locally, that I'm going to talk to. Will keep you posted.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you asked about industrial machines. Ok where to start. Industrial machines are just that industrial, they are constructed to endure long hours of piece work with few if any issues and will outlast any domestic. They are heavy because they are still make of cast iron this also makes them vibration free. the machine head is separate from the stand one is no good with out the other, ya gotta have both. they are simple and easy to work on if required and parts are easy to find and cheap. They are high shank machines so you have to be careful when shopping for presser feet. Tension is very easy to adjust and stays set for what seems like ever. Fast they have the ability to go several times faster than any domestic, many can stitch 5500 stitches per minute. Automatic oiling, most all have this. Needles, easy to find, order online as they are different than a domestic. Yes they only do a straight stitch and a few may also zigzag but they do it better. Ever wonder why a factory uses them?
    You can buy a Juki ddl 8100e, ddl 8700, ddl 5550 new for less than most quality domestics, shop the freight as there are where the deals are, remember these are heavy when assembled, about 200 lbs so shop the freight, hint look to the West.
    Yes these are excellent for piecing, binding and general sewing, when you are serious about your work. Donna Jordan has a Juki and I believe a Consew, both are great machines. Once you try one you will wonder what took you so long to make the change.

Brian

3. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for all the great information that I never knew. See even old people can learn something new. Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all of this information. I had no idea how reasonably priced industrial machines are!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    Thank you for all of this information. I had no idea how reasonably priced industrial machines are!
    When I got mine, it even have free shipping from Los Angeles up to Tacoma, so it was a great deal! If you want, I can look up the dealers name.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I would love the name if you have it Bubba thank you in advance

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vbarb1014 View Post
    I would love the name if you have it Bubba thank you in advance
    I tried to look it up and could not find it in my records. I'll look when I'm home because I know there is a sticker on the table with the name and phone #.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!