Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Thursday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday

It's snowing! It started just before daybreak. The temp. dropped from 30 to 25 deg. They predicted only 1-2". We have a good 1.5" already. Our snow angel from church will come by at his convenience; he's a working man. I e-m'd him & said no hurry, since I don't have to go anywhere today. He's a very caring person. He sometimes helps out his neighbors with snow removal & has been known to clear our neighbor's driveway, too. They're also seniors -- a year to two older than us.

Well, I need to eat my breakfast, then mix up the turkey patties.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Rain, rain go away, little May wants to go out. Pouring rain that's supposed to last all day. bummer as I had planned to do a lot of errands, they're not that important to get rained on every time we get into and out of the car so I guess the last of the Christmas things will be rounded up and put away.

Everyone seems to be having lots of aches, pains and troubles, me too, so here's some Hugs to help you deal with your day.
    Name:  A HUG 4 U.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  10.2 KB Name:  A HUG 4 U.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  10.2 KB

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baslp View Post
    Good morning. This week seems to be flying by. It is rainy and 54 this morning. I hope we get some breaks in the rain , so the dogs will go outside. Another quiet day for me. More border work , cleaning, and laundry.

Pam— have a good time at your class. What are you making? I wish that there was a LQS near me. They all have closed.
    Have a good day.
    Beth
    I’m making a quilted footstool. We have lost two lqs in the last year around here, it’s very sad. I’m grateful we still have the ones we do, even though it’s a bit of a drive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Good Morning, Everyone ~ I had a busy day yest., too. Bible study, quick lunch at Wendy's, a much needed massage at 11:45, to the PO, bank, then groc. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties today.

DH was moving better yest. He didn't sleep at all the night he fell--probably in too much pain. The topical Arnica to his hand/wrist helped with the swelling & pain. He's been putting Arnica and Bigeloil on his knee. He actually agreed to take some Acetaminophen, which helped, too. I'm so thankful he's doing better. I don't ever want a repeat of when he fell 6.5 yrs. ago & broke his upper arm in 4 places.

I wish the Congress & Trump would get their acts together & re-open the gov't. This shutdown is getting ridiculous. People are hurting financially. It's affecting not just the workers & their families, but many other businesses as well. There is an FAA air traffic control center in our city. These folks are working without pay to keep our planes safe. My DS#1 still is furloughed.

Monique ~ Hope you find some help for the PO & that your niece will do well. I know you're counting the days until your trip.
    I also wish this government shut down nonsense would end. I’m getting really tired of this strategy of holding people and their livelihoods hostage to get what they want.
    Pam

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I'm glad you heard from Lorie. I've been wondering about her.

Temp was down to freezing last night but it is sun shining now. Too bad the yard is soggy from the rain most of the day yesterday. Oh well, as long as we have sunshine now!

Prayers and hugs to those who need them.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

6. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon, all! I've just spent a love 9 days with my oldest daughter visiting. She gets together every January with a group of ladies to have a crafting weekend. They started out as a scrap booking group, but it has evolved to various crafts. Since she moved away 5 years ago, she has to haul her stuff up here, then rush home sometimes in the midst of icky winter weather to get to work. This year she came early and left late because her company had a big layoff in December, and she got cut. So, we just had time to visit and PLAY! She has embraced sewing/quilting, and as of two days ago, bag making! While she was making her bags, I threw together a quilt top from leftover stash materials. Lots of fun!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0712.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	157293

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0725.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	157294
    Our work of the last few days!

I'm getting my great room painted next week, so this morning, I relocated the pictures, knick-knacks and small pieces of furniture to an out of the way space, and uncovered lots of dust! It sure looks bare in here now.

8. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ladies, just a reminder that political discussions are NOT to be a part of this forum. Please refrain from commenting further or this thread will be closed.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a political person but I was wondering, where can we get a copy of the rules so we don't break them? Sometimes things get done in complete innocence because we don't know.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post