I am testing some recipes for a friend who is working on changing "old timey" recipes into user friendly recipes for today's cooks and kitchens. The one I am currently working on calls for 1 cup of "thick cream sauce" what would you use if you ran across this term? It needs to be mixed with mashed sweet potatoes and a few other ingredients then rolled into walnut size balls for frying. I know just using heavy cream will make it too runny to roll into balls.