Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Did I wake up before Monique?

Thinking of you today, Katrina. Anniversaries like this are always hard. Our brains seem to go back to the memories of the day our loved one passed, and the pain once more strikes us hard! I say we are "tender" at those times, and need to treat ourselves with tender care. So I hope you have a day of tender care for your heart and soul.

2. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good ;morning all. It's a bit warmer today. It's 15 right now with a wind chill of 3 so that's a big improvement from yesterday. Not sure if I will go out today or not. I should go over and check on my sister's place but I may put that off until tomorrow. I am supposed to have lunch with my friend Ceil today. That is only a 7 minute drive so I may do that. I will check and see if it works for her.

Katrina, {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you today. Monique, prayers that your niece receives good news. Barb, glad you had a good weekend and I hope you are continuing to feel better. Mimi, hope all goes well with getting things all situated for your dad to be home. Carol, that was great news! I am sure you are feeling a lot of relief that the results of your echo were so positive. Joy, so sorry to hear about your dh falling. But you be careful too if you have to venture down that driveway to get the paper too.

Anita, keep warm as you run your errands today. Brrrrr Cathy, hope you find your mojo. I have been feeling the same the last few days. I think because I've been so chilly and all I want to do is curl up with my blanket and stay snuggly and read. Beth, glad you had a good weekend and such a wonderful welcome home. Nancy, good luck in your new "career" Sounds like it was a fun evening.

Ok, I am going to get my day moving along. I don't feel quite as chilly as I did yesterday. Have a good day all. Stay safe and warm.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

4. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,
    Oh another cold day. It's -24c and much colder with windchill. It's a repeat of yesterday and days to come. While we haven't had snow since Saturday, the roads are slick and not really cleaned to usual standards. This morning local news says there were 40+ accidents on the west bound major road through the city. Some people are just brazen and plough through like its summer.

Katrina - you will be in my thoughts today, and sending you virtual hugs. I am amazed at all you have done in the past year.
    Monique - praying your niece has good results.
    Mimi - all the best as get your dad ready for his new reality. I hope he appreciates all that everyone has done for him.
    Carol - doing happy dance with you after your egg results.
    Joy - it was good luck that DH is ok. Slips and falls are the worst as we age.

We test drove and bought a car yesterday. It will be ready for pick up next week. We could have picked it up earlier but I am taking a quilt class out of town Saturday. DH will meet up with his son on Friday at license bureau to transfer his current car. New wheels are comfy and big. I would not hesitate to take long distance trips, maybe visit DH family in Kansas and Colorado, via Hamilton, MO. Haha.

My back is still out, but I was able to move around a bit more. I picked up lab results to bring to appt with my doctor for re-testing after I am done antibiotics. When we got back, I wrapped myself in a flannel quilt, with bean bag on feet in front of fireplace. I was ther e 3-4 hours before I warmed up.

Today, I'm staying in. Elaine is coming to clean the house this aft. DH has his class tonight. I hope my back feels ok to get some sewing done.

Enjoy your day. Very thankful for a warm house, as shelters in the cities are filled to capacity. Be safe on the roads. Stay warm, warm, warm.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We're having a heat wave. It's 22 right now, better than 14 yesterday. I know you ladies "up north" don't think that's too cold, but southerners think anything below 50 is cold! Well, make that 40. Supposed to get above freezing today, maybe.

I haven't done any sewing for quite a few days. Finally got the backsplash done in the kitchen. Now to clean out and put shelf paper in cabinets, and finish painting the baseboards. My visiting friend had new carpet put in her condo yesterday. Tomorrow we will go furniture shopping. She's cleaning her kitchen and unpacking some of the boxes. We have had a great time together, but I think both will be glad to see her move to her own place. It will be so quiet when she leaves.

My thoughts will be with you today, Katrina. Prayers for all those in need. Stay warm and safe.
    Last edited by Navy Wife; January 22nd, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

8. Thanks Star lover, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Katrina, thinking of you today. I hope happy memories will ease your sadness today. Sending a hug.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

10. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, we all love you and hold you in our heart. I think about all you have accomplished this past year. You are a strong and determined woman. take a nap and dream of the good ol'days.

12. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Katrina, we all love you and hold you in our heart. I think about all you have accomplished this past year. You are a strong and determined woman. take a nap and dream of the good ol'days.
    I did take a nap after Jim called and said the little ones weren't coming this morning. The road from Nana's to our house has been closed since Friday. There really wasn't a convenient way to get from there to here. So they decided that she'd keep all three today, but when Jim and the kids came over for dinner last night, the construction had been cleaned up and the road opened. So, at that point he meant to call Nana and tell her we'd have a normal schedule, but he forgot. So the kids are with Nana and Nandy and I went back to bed! I'm very glad he forgot to make that call!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, I'm sorry to be late, but I do want to add my condolences. The first anniversary is very hard, and my heart goes out to you.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, Howard will always be with you in your heart & memories.

Gina