Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Such a pretty day

We lucked out this time. About 5-8 inches predicted before turning to freezing rain and then rain. Only have a couple of inches and then turned to rain -- no ice!! The neighbor across the street came over this morning and blew the snow from my sidewalk and one path up the driveway. I went out a little later and pushed snow further over on the driveway (we have double wide drive but single car garage). Then I went to tackle the pile left by the plow which would have been hard to drive through -- especially after the single digit temps we are supposed to get tonight and tomorrow night. As I was trying to move this very heavy, wet snow, the young neighbor across to the left came over and said it was too heavy for me and he cleared it all away. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! The sun came out for a couple of hours and all the residue left dried up so there is no ice left to slip on when I take the dog out later tonight.

As far as temps go -- during the day I keep the temp between 67 and 70, depending on how much sun there is. We have a heat pump with oil heat back up. The heat pump often blows cold air out and I have been known to up the thermostat a degree or two at times. At night I usually turn the thermostat down to 60-62 at night as the bedroom gets warm at night (hot air rises, you know) but not sure about tonight with the single digits predicted. The oil heat comes on at about 15 degrees outside temp so I am sure it will be on tonight. That was set up by my husband and I don't know how to change it. I also wish I knew how to set it so it would automatically turn the heat up in the morning before I get up and then turn it down in the evening when I am getting ready to go upstairs. I have looked at the book for it but couldn't find it.

Stay warm everyone

Nancy

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nancy,
    Have you tried looking up the make and model up on line? A lot of things have user manuals online these days. You could also Google how to change the thermostat on X brand of furnace.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

4. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

201 Treadler, we are addicted to The Great British Bake Off, which we binge watch on Netflix. There is no end to the sweet and savory breads, pies, cakes, pastries etc. and we are constantly amazed by what the bakers come up with.

It's now 5 outside, everything is covered with ice and we're watching our Patriots choke in Kansas City.
    Last edited by chelea; January 20th, 2019 at 11:39 PM.

6. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Can I say that I love my thermostat?? For 5 years in KAZ our heat was radiators controlled by a boiler room that serviced the entire campus .... we had NO CONTROL other than to crack a window when it got too hot, which was pretty much all the time in the kitchen because of the heated floor in there....

So, I set my thermostat at 66 when I leave the house for work, bring it up to 72 when I walk in the door, down to 70 after the edge is off and back down to 68 overnight if it isn't too cold out, but if it is really cold out, I'll leave it at 70 overnight. AC is opposite, stays around 78 when I'm out for the day, drops down to 72 when I get home and back up to 76 after it's cooled a bit and for sleeping.

8. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post